Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

S60R 2003 Silver/Nordic Blue

Hi everyone. Can anyone give me an idea of the value of my S60R please? It has 74,000 miles and is in good condition for the year. Everything is original. Thanks.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Pre-face S60R even with low mileage won't fetch a great deal unfortunately....a few enthusiasts will break them as they're worth more in parts. I'd say £3000-£3500

This user has no status

Thanks

S60R Value

Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Pre-face S60R even with low mileage won't fetch a great deal unfortunately....a few enthusiasts will break them as they're worth more in parts. I'd say £3000-£3500
    Many thanks, Stephen. Any suggestions as to where would be the best place to advertise it? Just purchased a 2011 S60 T6 (with body kit and Polestar upgrade) and my wife won't let me keep the S60R too, lol.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Facebook pages seem to be the best place to sell these cars. I help run VT....feel free to join and list the car. There are a few other groups worth joining too, the more the merrier and better chance of selling. VPCUK also has a Cars For Sale section....

This user has no status

Thanks
    Facebook pages seem to be the best place to sell these cars. I help run VT....feel free to join and list the car. There are a few other groups worth joining too, the more the merrier and better chance of selling. VPCUK also has a Cars For Sale section....
    Thanks again, Stephen. BTW .... if that's a pic of your S60R .... nice one!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeJones For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Wednesday 17th January 2018)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    More than welcome....S60 WTF is my DeRv...I could never afford to run an R lol. The D5 suits me well

This user has no status

Thanks
    More than welcome....S60 WTF is my DeRv...I could never afford to run an R lol. The D5 suits me well

I stand corrected lol ..... still a nice one. Knew it didn't have the "R" wheels but appears to have the R front spoiler and looks like an R logo on the grill too. I've had my one since 2006 and kind of hate to see it go but I just love the T6. Had a BMW M3 an inch from my tail last week at 50mph. I was in the outside lane of the A1 approaching a 50mph speed camera. Dropped it down a few gears and gave it the boot after the camera. I may have caught him by surprise but he was a good 3 seconds behind me when I reached the traffic lights about half a mile up the road.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Very capable cars which are overlooked most of the time....The S60R/V70R - Destroyer of Dreams

This user has no status

Thanks
    Very capable cars which are overlooked most of the time....The S60R/V70R - Destroyer of Dreams
    Yup .... and they just HATE it when a Volvo beats them. He had a mate in the passenger seat too. Was in the T6 not the R though. The R comes in about 6 seconds but the T6 is even faster as I have the Polestar upgrade.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJones View Post
    Hi everyone. Can anyone give me an idea of the value of my S60R please? It has 74,000 miles and is in good condition for the year. Everything is original. Thanks.
    If you break the car and the engine, Gearbox, Haldex, rear diff etc etc are all OE and in good working order, then you could easily make £5000 - £6000 in parts! FACT!!

As a car, even though you mileage is very low, it's at that sort of age (and mileage) where many things that cost loadsa money will start going wrong, especially if it hasn't been religiously serviced every year. Saloons are nowhere near as desirable as the estate and typically fetch around 30-40% less in value than the V70R models. Of course, yours is a Silver (Very nice colour) with soft Nordkap leather (Nice if you like dark interiors) but not as desirable as the Attacama but still much nicer than the Gobi.
    I think Stephen is spot on with the estimated value of between £3000-£3500.

Do you mind me asking why you want to sell it?

Keeping the car will mean spending around £5000 - £10,000 in 5 years completely refreshing the suspension, failing parts and upgrading the essentials, like the IC, remapping, replacing the shocks and renewing all the bushes with poly etc...not to mention servicing costs (typically £150-£350 a year).

If you plan to keep then you'll need to be very understanding and accept the fact that these cars are not cheap to run. If you can't do that or expect to run it on a tight budget, then the car will fall by the wayside and let you down, ultimately affecting its value.

The good news is that S60R/V70R prices are on the up after stabilising around 12-18months ago. Happy days!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    £3500 ish, more in parts, but for how long it’s worth more in parts is soon vanishing, as an example V70R’s are already generally easier to sell and hold money better to the point it’s not worth breaking one.

I broke one recently for manual conversion parts and popular parts go fast and your left with stuff that doesn’t sell.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    If you break the car and the engine, Gearbox, Haldex, rear diff etc etc are all OE and in good working order, then you could easily make £5000 - £6000 in parts! FACT!!

As a car, even though you mileage is very low, it's at that sort of age (and mileage) where many things that cost loadsa money will start going wrong, especially if it hasn't been religiously serviced every year. Saloons are nowhere near as desirable as the estate and typically fetch around 30-40% less in value than the V70R models. Of course, yours is a Silver (Very nice colour) with soft Nordkap leather (Nice if you like dark interiors) but not as desirable as the Attacama but still much nicer than the Gobi.

Keeping the car will mean spending around £5000 - £10,000 in 5 years completely refreshing the suspension, failing parts and upgrading the essentials, like the IC, remapping, replacing the shocks and renewing all the bushes with poly etc...not to mention servicing costs (typically £150-£350 a year).

If you plan to keep then you'll need to be very understanding and accept the fact that these cars are not cheap to run. If you can't do that or expect to run it on a tight budget, then the car will fall by the wayside and let you down, ultimately affecting its value.

The good news is that S60R/V70R prices are on the up after stabilising around 12-18months ago. Happy days!
    Hi Lee. Thanks for the info. I need to sell it or my wife will leave me (I know what you're thinking and it has crossed my mind lol), as I currently have an S80 V8 Executive, S60 T6 (3.0l) with Polestar upgrade and Volvo body kit, XC60 , S40 and the S60R of course. My best mate is THE top Volvo Mastertech in the country and he maintains all my cars for me. Can't see it costing that much to maintain over the next few years as it has been fairly well looked after ..... the adjustable dampers even work which I believe is unusual for this model.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Oops .... forgot ..... have a pristine C70cc too ..... one of the first 500 to be made and only 45k on the clock. Runs and looks like new !

This user has no status

Thanks
    Many thanks for the info, Ettienne. Not an option for me to break it for parts. Would break my heart to do that anyway. Have owned this car since 2007

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    £3500 ish, more in parts, but for how long it’s worth more in parts is soon vanishing, as an example V70R’s are already generally easier to sell and hold money better to the point it’s not worth breaking one.

I broke one recently for manual conversion parts and popular parts go fast and your left with stuff that doesn’t sell.
    Many thanks for the info, Ettienne. Not an option for me to break it for parts. Would break my heart to do that anyway. Have owned this car since 2007

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post

WOW ..... just spotted your ride ..... very nice indeed. You've really gone to town with it. Look forward to seeing it at a show sometime.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeJones For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Wednesday 21st March 2018)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I would be interested if it’s still available

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dana*mina View Post
    I would be interested if it’s still available
    Hi .... sorry but she has gone now. Went to a Volvo enthusiast, so happy about that. He is a young chap but this will be his third S60 (and certainly the fastest lol).

Thread Information