Join Today
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    SpongeBob Foamypants
    This user has no status
    foammanmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nowhere near Blackburn.....
    Posts
    7,546
    Thanks
    1,571
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,263 Posts

    C70 T5 speedo 'froze' for a while this morning.

    So my year 2000 me7 C70 T5's speedo 'froze' this morning at 30 mph, even though I was going 60 or so. After a few minutes, it rose to the correct speed, but what the hell caused that plz peeps?

  2. #2
    Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    MoleT-5R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mid-Wales
    Posts
    5,137
    Thanks
    2,715
    Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,659 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    So my year 2000 me7 C70 T5's speedo 'froze' this morning at 30 mph, even though I was going 60 or so. After a few minutes, it rose to the correct speed, but what the hell caused that plz peeps?
    would this also be one of your cars that you were having abs/tracs light issues with ?, as this could be related....afaik the n/s/f wheel speed sensor provides the speedo signal....my olive T-5R has no speed signal as the front sensors are currently disconnected.

    Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/moleadrian...p2047675.l2562

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to MoleT-5R For This Useful Post:

    foammanmark (Saturday 30th December 2017)

  4. #3
    SpongeBob Foamypants
    This user has no status
    foammanmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nowhere near Blackburn.....
    Posts
    7,546
    Thanks
    1,571
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoleT-5R View Post
    would this also be one of your cars that you were having abs/tracs light issues with ?, as this could be related....afaik the n/s/f wheel speed sensor provides the speedo signal....my olive T-5R has no speed signal as the front sensors are currently disconnected.
    It is Adrian, and the ABS light is still on after coming on during heavy snow in the West Mids early Dec. I wondered if it could be connected, and I use my satnav usually for a more accurate speed reading anyway. If the ABS light doesn't go out soon, then she'll be in to my local indy for checking out.

  5. #4
    Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    MoleT-5R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mid-Wales
    Posts
    5,137
    Thanks
    2,715
    Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,659 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    It is Adrian, and the ABS light is still on after coming on during heavy snow in the West Mids early Dec. I wondered if it could be connected, and I use my satnav usually for a more accurate speed reading anyway. If the ABS light doesn't go out soon, then she'll be in to my local indy for checking out.
    I'm thinking either the the sensor or rotten wiring to it and more than likely the passenger side or both possibly....hope you get it sorted soon

    Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/moleadrian...p2047675.l2562

  6. #5
    SpongeBob Foamypants
    This user has no status
    foammanmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nowhere near Blackburn.....
    Posts
    7,546
    Thanks
    1,571
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Will keep you posted..............

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to foammanmark For This Useful Post:

    MoleT-5R (Saturday 30th December 2017)

  8. #6
    Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    MoleT-5R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mid-Wales
    Posts
    5,137
    Thanks
    2,715
    Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,659 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    Will keep you posted..............
    I was planning on reworking mine on olive with the v70 items, as this then removes the connector from the strut and moved it back into the engine bay for a little extra protection from the elements. As normal they're still awaiting connection....well maybe this year

    Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/moleadrian...p2047675.l2562


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ipv6 ready