Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

2.4t vacuum lines for installing boost gauge but upper cylinder lubricant system.

Afternoon.

My car has an lpg system fitted but I need to install a upper lubrication system as lpg is a dry fuel and I don't fancy having crappy valves in a couple of years. The system needs to be plumed into a vacuum line close to the inlet manifold. Could someone point to which one to t into please. Its a mechanical system so no need for wiring like some systems.

Also I want to install a boost gauge as I want to know how well the turbo is doing and to see if i have any leaks. Can someone also tell me where I can hook into for a reliable reading.

Ryan

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This user has no status

Thanks
    I take it I can plumb into one of these lines?

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    No, you need to tee off the vac line that goes to the inlet manifold.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    No, you need to tee off the vac line that goes to the inlet manifold.
    What Stribo says. Do NOT plumb in on those 3 lines as they are for your Turbo control.

Underneath the intake manifold you'll see a vac line. 'T' in off that but makesure your to the 'intake manifold' side of the one way valve and not the 'MAF' side, otherwise it'll just get drawn back to the MAF (the long way round).
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Footfistart (Friday 22nd December 2017)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    What Stribo says. Do NOT plumb in on those 3 lines as they are for your Turbo control.

Underneath the intake manifold you'll see a vac line. 'T' in off that but makesure your to the 'intake manifold' side of the one way valve and not the 'MAF' side, otherwise it'll just get drawn back to the MAF (the long way round).
    Okay no worries. Those one way valves they are little inline round components? I've seen a few dotted around the engine bay in various plumbing. I'll tee the oil in the the gauge before the oil to stop contamination

Many thanks.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Footfistart View Post
    Okay no worries. Those one way valves they are little inline round components? I've seen a few dotted around the engine bay in various plumbing. I'll tee the oil in the the gauge before the oil to stop contamination

Many thanks.

Correct.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Footfistart (Thursday 28th December 2017)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Correct.
    Thanks. Do you happen to know what size the vacuum lines are? Looking at them they need replacing as the outer of the lines are starting to deteriorate. Will silicone hose be as good as OEM or just go for original stuff?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Stick with the OE hose.
    It can be bought from the dealer as a full hose complete with one way valves.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Stick with the OE hose.
    It can be bought from the dealer as a full hose complete with one way valves.
    Oh right I didn't realise you get an entire set. I'll be doing that then.

Many thanks

Ryan

Thread Information