Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Hu-803 and A/C controller lamp replacement

Hi all.

I'm new to Volvos so I don't know a huge amount about them. I have a few issues with mine but with the help from you guys I'll have a solid working barge in no time.

I've noticed in the short time of having the car (Y reg) some of the lamps in both the stated head unit and the air con panel.

I've been all over the Internet with not much luck on how to replace the lamps in both units. I understand that almost everything is coded one way or another. I have read if I pull the head unit out it doesn't need coding if it's the one that came out already?

Are they fairly straight forward?

What lamps are they and any precautions before doing so like battery disconnection?

Sorry for the hundred questions.

All the best

Ryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    This covers the CCM and headlight switch which I did recently. Bulbs are very expensive and some have coloured caps fitted.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...l=1#post811609

#30739358 bulb x 4 GREY for CCM £23.24
    #30739356 bulb x 2 WHITE for CCM £11.62
    #30739357 bulb x 3 BLACK for Headlight switch £17.43
    #30752175 bulb x 4 (can't remember colour) for 4 of the 5 switches with blown bulbs in the lower switch pack below CCM £15.48

Total £81.56 inc VAT.

Regards the HU, that's more difficult as you'll need to fully remove and strip it down to access the bulbs. Not for the faint hearted!
    Thankfully, mine didn't need doing.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Thursday 7th December 2017 at 09:12.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well thanks for that. I've recently bought the car but been away and only starting to notice the little things which is annoying. It was cheap so can't complain too much.

I have a spare hu as the last owner said the CD player stopped working. But I'm thinking of getting a grom to fit for iPod and other bits so I could just put the old one back in and see if those lamps work. I don't listen to CDs any ways so not a big loss for me.

Regarding the climate control removal you have to disconnect the battery first and then reconnect it with keys in position (ignition on) to stop Airbags going off. That's extreme. Is that a precaution or will they actually go off? If so that's insane for Volvo to do something like that.

Thanks for the reply

Ryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    No. It’s just a precaution!
    There’s the potential for them to deploy, hence the advise and proper instructions on how to do it.
    I did mine without unplugging the CCM.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information