Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

All the gear and no idea

First post so thought I might as well do it in the section I’m guessing I’ll be using mostly.
    I’ve got an 850R(believe it or not)at the moment with an 18T and bigger injectors,Maf,jetex de cat etc.Its around 300bhp at moment.
    I’ve just got hold of a K24 and S60R manifold but would like the turbo re curbed and manifold ported and question is who to use.
    The injectors on it are Vxr ones,should I be changing these too to get the most out of the new turbo.
    I’m not half as knowledgeable as most of you when it comes to tuning so it would be good to get some help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    Welcome,

The VXRs will be plenty big enough.

Once you’ve done your turbo upgrades get yourself along to Tim Williams for a remap - or you’ll almost certainly bend a rod. He can also do the turbo/porting works mentioned. Shem can also undertake these works.

Is the car manual or auto? Auto is going to cramp your style in the race for HP gains. They tend to melt over 300.

Don’t forget updated intercooler, larger turbo intake pipe along with a ported & polished head to get the best out of your turbo.

Look forward to further updates.

All the best,

Morgan
    Last edited by Shinsplintz 101; Saturday 2nd December 2017 at 08:52.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

Olive855R (Saturday 2nd December 2017)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi Morgan
    Thanks for advice fella.
    Well it started off as an auto but Shem actually did all the work on it and converted it to manual for the last owner.
    I’m not sure but maybe it bent a rod is bent as it makes a ticking noise on idle.
    I sorned it as I wasn’t in position to fix it up but now I am.
    It needs mot first,will be getting that done this month.
    Put battery on charge overnight and it recovered.
    Plan was to try and start it this morning after not being started for over a year.
    Any tips on that,I’m thinking new fuel in tank to give it a fighting chance.Once it starts I need th mot three I’m thinking stage 0 service,and brakes checked and replaced.
    Anybody near me(Bristol+50 miles)you could vouch for to do the work.
    Also would it be better trailered to get service rather than drive it after mot as it’s been sat for so long.I don’t want to make it any worse.
    What you think?
    Thanks.

time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    As it's been sat a long time, check all the fluids the unplug the king lead & injectors before giving it 4-5 good turnovers to get oil up to the head, as it will have drained down over time. Don't want dry parts mashing against each other. Plug everything in then fire it up. Fresh fuel is a good idea as mentioned. Leave it tickover for 20 mins or so, so it gets nice & war. Check for leaks. Gentle roaster on private land then off for an MOT. See what gets picked up. Then fix.

Personally I'd get hold of Tim or Shem & get it transported to one of them for an assessment & works to recommission if your not keen on getting the spanners out yourself.

Cheers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    The ticking noise on idle could well be as sticky tappet.

Have had a couple of 850s now (too many my wife might say!) several with sticking tappets due to standing a while & one with a bent rod, that subsequently was broken for spares, there's a noticeable difference is severity of noise & feel.
    Last edited by Shinsplintz 101; Saturday 2nd December 2017 at 12:07.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I would second the earlier poster that you should head to Tim in Coalville for any software calibrations that you may need..... and for his advice too. I am none too sure whether you well get much benefit from the KKK turbofor the extra cost.... however if you need one of your turbos refurbed and maybe reworked a bit then you really should consider only Owen Developments near Oxford or Turbo Tecnics in Northampton. No other firm has the same capabilities.

Do you know the source of your present software calibrations?

I have some physical stuff in stock that you might still want to look at....

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Don
    It’s got a 4.4 motronic Ecu and that was fitted and then mapped by Shem.

Shinsplintz
    Put in new fuel etc,started within about 5 secs then as fuel leaking out of joint between fuel line and rubber hose so turned off sharpish.

Will need to get it to Shem or Tim sharpish.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks to you both so far.👍

Thread Information