Join Today

Thread: Radio/cd player

This user has no status
    Thanks

Radio/cd player

Don't seem to be getting very good reception on the radio, its pissing me off! could it be a simple connection or is 10 years the life of it !! I am also wanting to get it connected with Bluetooth so I can use my phone (calls and Spotify etc) has anyone used those Bluetooth connection devices ( like the ones on eBay) that plug in the back ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status

Thanks
    If you wish to keep the car’s factory look, then get a used & working unit from scrapyard or eBay. After that get a unit from Volvotech eu which supports handsfree calling and bt music streaming.
    The other option is to get a new headunit, brand name of your choice, if you don’t care about the factory look.
    I would not recommend to do a trial and error with the cheap bt plugs from ebay..... 90% of the
    time you get what you pay for.....
    Last edited by htomi; Monday 27th November 2017 at 19:46.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status

Thanks
    You could fit a brand new unit and suffer the same problems as you have now.
    Volvokid found out this to his cost (dealer fitted)and it cured nothing but emptied his wallet.
    My unit doesn't give the best reception if something is plugged into the cigarette lighter socket but I live with it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmie For This Useful Post:

macV70R (Tuesday 28th November 2017)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    You could fit a brand new unit and suffer the same problems as you have now.
    Volvokid found out this to his cost (dealer fitted)and it cured nothing but emptied his wallet.
    My unit doesn't give the best reception if something is plugged into the cigarette lighter socket but I live with it.
    Haha yeah the same as me, I removed my phone charger and it stopped. I'm thinking about one of those Bluetooth things that go in the back so I can play from my phone. U used anything like that ?
    https://carputer-shop.co.uk/volvo-ip...ation-kit.html

This user has no status
    Thanks
    There are cheaper ones on eBay but you just don't know what the quality is like

This user has no status

Thanks

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to htomi For This Useful Post:

macV70R (Tuesday 28th November 2017)

Thread Information