Join Today

Thread: S60 d5 tuning

This user has no status

Thanks

S60 d5 tuning

Does anyone know if the rica tunes take into consideration existing mods. I was contemplating a turbo upgrade, larger fmic, uprated injectors (if I can find some) and the 250 bhp rica map. Unsure about exhaust mods as yet.

I'd like to aim for 300-400bhp so may consider internals if needed. I love the idea of a seriously quick sleeper diesel.

Also does my car have the cat or dpf fitted.

Volvo s60 2.4 d5 euro 4, 53 plate, 200k miles with fsh

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi if it is a euro 4, it will have a dpf fitted,
    is yours a 185bhp, the 185bhp turbo can been ran a lot harder,as people on the vw forum run this turbo from the Volvo at 2 bar of boost,
    also the injectors are good on the 185bhp,
    you will not need to get it re-tuned for a larger intercooler,
    Dave

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I can offer you MTE's Swedish written software calibrations for your car for £395 including VAT.

You will get outputs of 195bhp with 420nm of torque with the earlier 168 bhp version and 225bhp with a stonking 480nm of torque with the later, run out engines .

I have been involved in this Volvo performance malarkey for around 20 years and have never heard of anything offered, anywhere giving higher outputs ... or indeed any physical components offered to that end for Volvo's diesels One respected UK based tuner did trifle with a higher output but it smoked like a see you next tuesday and I believe was quietly forgotten.

The Ferrita stainless cat back that I stock for the T5 will fit, I have sold a few but made no claims about any possible increase in outputs.

Don.
    Last edited by don kalmar union; Friday 24th November 2017 at 10:27.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Just reading this with interest as I've had V70 2.4D/D5's, and I would say that a 53 and even early 04 plate D5's are the 163 euro 3. 185's were 2005 onwards............

Yes I will be behind you but
    thats for the benefit of your
    health.
    Thanks
    You're not going to get close to 300 let alone 400bhp just from bolt ons. It will require serious head work for it be able to flow anywhere near enough air for that.

Also 1 single turbo isn't going to do it either, if you still want to drive it daily, so budget for a compound setup at least if you wish to keep driveability. 300bhp in a petrol requires in the region of 30lb/min of air, a diesel will require over 40lb/min to get to 300bhp. 400bhp will need a turbo setup capable of over 60lb/min!

Obviously a custom tune will be required, an off the shelf map simply won't do what you want.

After that the rest is easy enough, custom intercooler and pipework, exhaust, new larger diameter fuel lines, custom clutch and flywheel upgrade, gearbox strengthening........

Could be an interesting project.
    854 T5 - The new project.

850 tdi - sorely missed.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvomble View Post
    Does anyone know if the rica tunes take into consideration existing mods. I was contemplating a turbo upgrade, larger fmic, uprated injectors (if I can find some) and the 250 bhp rica map. Unsure about exhaust mods as yet.

I'd like to aim for 300-400bhp so may consider internals if needed. I love the idea of a seriously quick sleeper diesel.

Hi Did you remap your car, is it a euro 3
    I have a 163 euro 3 that I have got 208bhp out of it, I have just put a cat-back on it, so it my do more, but not much, it does seem more responsive,
    Dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvomble View Post

Hi Did you tune your car, please let us know what you did and power out

Thanks Dave

No poke with out smoke
    Thanks
    Get a polestar remap from the volvo dealer you won't look back and you have a guarantee its done properly. My d5 is 210bhp from its standard 185. Then look into getting a scooby intercooler. Also you can get sport cat. I'm happy enough with my torque and bhp always leaves a smile on my face and will blow most things off the road especially climbing hills
    Two volvo Kieran, volvo s40 1.9d and volvo s60 d5 remapped by polestar.

Thread Information