Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

engine system service required 2006 C70

Hi guys,

Nee owner of a 2006 C70 (only had it 1 week), just been presented with this error?

engine system service required with a yellow i symbol on the dash?

Any ideas.!

I’m sure the car feels like it’s holding back now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Could be a number of things. Best get a code reader on it as guesswork can be expensive.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Could be a number of things. Best get a code reader on it as guesswork can be expensive.
    Ok so I’ve read the code using the old Volvo read/front fog like trick.. it’s says code 019

Any ideas now?

This user has no status

Thanks

engine system service required 2006 C70

Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    2nd thought, is it worth getting this?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F152561712648

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Apparently it has an additive tank that needs refilling. Either it needs refilling, or has been refilled but hasn't been reset with VIDA. Either way, you'll need VIDA. I'm guessing your C70 is diesel.

The link you've posted is for a DICE unit, this is the interface between a laptop and car, but you'll need a laptop with VIDA installed.
    Whereabouts in the country are you, there may be someone one here who's nearby, and has VIDA.
    Last edited by stribo; Sunday 5th November 2017 at 16:57.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Apparently it has an additive tank that needs refilling. Either it needs refilling, or has been refilled but hasn't been reset with VIDA. Either way, you'll need VIDA. I'm guessing your C70 is diesel.

The link you've posted is for a DICE unit, this is the interface between a laptop and car, but you'll need a laptop with VIDA installed.
    Whereabouts in the country are you, there may be someone one here who's nearby, and has VIDA.
    Cheers. Yep 2006 D5 C70? I’m based in Bedford? Anyone close to where their toy...

Is the tank refill a garage job? I’m guessing you’ll need a decent ramp etc

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Cheers. Yep 2006 D5 C70? I’m based in Bedford? Anyone close to where their toy...

From what I've read, it's above the rear axle, so access isn't easy. If you're on facebook, try this page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921217794833193/

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    From what I've read, it's above the rear axle, so access isn't easy. If you're on facebook, try this page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921217794833193/
    Still digging into this, I’m finding (albeit old post, but it is an old car) referring to this code being to with to much oil & that it would need to be drained to a better level.

To make things harder my dip stick has now broken, ordered a new one from the dealers, the fun will be trying to get the old one out.

Don’t know if it’s worth giving this a try?!!

Views please

JA

538 Nm on the old car. Now
    that was torquing!
    Thanks
    To the best of my knowledge the D5 engine does not use an additive for DPF regeneration. When at normal operating temp it auto regens by injecting additional fuel to increase exhaust temp to burn off the soot in the filter.

If used on short journeys alot it may need a forced regen which is done by driving until normal temp is achieved then driving for a further 20 mins preferably on a motorway or dual carriage way. If this was the case on a 2006 V70 the dim would read "Soot filter full" and the dash would show a yellow warning triangle.

That said best thing to do is get the codes read properly so you know what needs doing.

I would also suggest you get it done sooner rather than later to avoid damage or further damage to the engine.
    Last edited by Blackdog; Wednesday 8th November 2017 at 17:44.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    To the best of my knowledge the D5 engine does not use an additive for DPF regeneration. When at normal operating temp it auto regens by injecting additional fuel to increase exhaust temp to burn off the soot in the filter.

If used on short journeys alot it may need a forced regen which is done by driving until normal temp is achieved then driving for a further 20 mins preferably on a motorway or dual carriage way. If this was the case on a 2006 V70 the dim would read "Soot filter full" and the dash would show a yellow warning triangle.

That said best thing to do is get the codes read properly so you know what needs doing.

I would also suggest you get it done sooner rather than later to avoid damage or further damage to the engine.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Explain the Stupid bit

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Explain the Stupid bit

Over to you Santa!! I can’t be arsed!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks

I'm fairly close to Bedford and can read the codes for you

Thread Information