Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

A car to put my engine in

Rather than having a car and looking for an engine to put in it.... I have the opposite.. I have an engine that I want options that it will fit into.

Over the last 4 or so years I've been building and saving up for parts to make a great engine that was going to go into a kit car, however I've had a few issues with the kit car meaning that I now have to fit another engine.

The specs are:

2.3 T5 ported and flowed head (single VVT)
    2.4 T5 bottom end (shimmed)
    SMF, R clutch and LSD supplied by Tim
    Hahn Super 20G turbo
    High flow Fuel pump
    650cc injecters (also some VXR ones)
    R manifold
    Standalone management

What I am looking for is some suggestions for a car that it can fit into. This will be a sleeper/track car and I'm not bothered by any mod cons, compatibility etc - basically looking to make a shell of a car where the engine will fit and then work from there. I realise that are a lot of compatibility issues with immobilsation and other issues, however I'm really looking to make this a road legal track car that'll supprise some road cars too - I'm also not looking to put it in an 850, v70 or s60, though I may due to them being bolt in - I want something different - and also not necessarily volvo. Essentially for a list of cars that the engine will fit into without modifying the chassis/monocoque

Would the engine (and turbo) fit into any of these:

C30
    s40 (old or new)
    v40
    v50

Again - I realise that the newer ones will have issues with connecting to the other electrical systems, but I'm really aiming for a shell that it fits into and work out the rest via removing and bodging!

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    It'll probably fit in the c30 and v50 chassis as they're made to take a volvo lump.

There was a lad who put a t5 lump in the back of a saxo, that was a fun project. Google "volvaxo"
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yeah - I've seen that one!

Sadly it would require an IVA to make it properly road legal - I was doing the same as the same guy who did the saxo's Toyota MR2 - I was plannnig to put the T5 engine in the boot, however it requires a small chassis notch.... which means IVA test... wouldn't have been so bad if I registered it before April this year.... however the taxation on CO2 produced would mean I'd be paying £2k a year on road tax! Hence why I want a car to drop it into without chassis or monocoque modification!

Probably going to wait and see if I can find a C30 with a shot engine and have a play with that - I imagine that they handle a little better though they could be the same chassis?

Thread Information