Join Today
    Bored it now need to build
    it...
    Thanks

HIGH Oil pressure?

hi guys

So after finding a little bit of positive PVC pressure at cold start and my turbo being oily everywhere ?cause I thought Id do a quick overhaul of the PCV system even though it is only 2 years old just to see if it helps. iv cleaned all the pipes which were fine anyway and replaced the box. I also poked some wire down the 2 block holes which were completely clear as expected really for an engine that is 2 years old following rebuild.

However... since all going back together I noticed today higher than normal oil pressure. normally on my gauge when cold oil pressure not go above 100 psi once revs start to climb - normal i believe for the oil pressure valve opening to bleed it off. today I got 105 and climbing psi under same driving conditions. it also rockets up even once warm (although not into the 100s) but idles at around 22-24 which is what it did before but if you watch it it will suddenly idle at 30-32psi then back to its normal

what is going on?! surely a basic pcv change especially with clean ports so unlikely to disturb anything to block anything shouldnt affect oil pressure?
    my money would be on a faulty oil pressure release valve but seems very coincidential...

could the gauge be faulty? it is a mechanical gauge but also is under 2 years old

Oil is changed often with a flush every 3-6k milers since rebuild with 5-40 oil

thanks everyone

Bored it now need to build
    it...
    Thanks
    Some numbers having driven to work...

Cold after 2.5k rpm getting about 110 psi (7.5 bar) don't want to push much higher in case it keeps going!
    Hot idle 22-30 psi
    Hot 4K rpm 80 psi (5.5 bar)

How does this compare to everyone else??

Thanks!

Thread Information