Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 850 Mesh Grills

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I don't mind the mesh grilles, if executed properly (the look of the car needs to match the added aggressiveness provided by the grille).

Here is an IPD grille originally silver that I painted the center for Carson:

Here is the standard one:

Since the latter in chrome is now down to about 20 pounds here on ebay, I've ordered one for experimentation (Jaguar woven mesh planned) and will post pics soon.
    Longing for summer...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Nice pics they do look nice withought hte slash, but do need something else imho,I see the red one has a rare badge on the front lol, someone would have that off in this country not many of them around,

Gary
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

This user has no status

Thanks
    The IPD grilles are a little different to the mesh ones over here. The ones we get make the grille area look a little small which just doesn't do that big boxy front end justice. The IPD grilles look great tho!

x

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    I think the mesh grills give the car a very sport look

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've gone off mine so will be for sale shortly, needs a repaint first though.
    Vorspung Durch Technik

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I just couldn't resist for $38 new on ebay. Still not sure which of the 3 (stock black with S40 badge, Mercedes E55, or this) I like best:

Last edited by exexpat; Tuesday 20th December 2005 at 07:03.
    Longing for summer...

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by exexpat
    I just couldn't resist for $38 new on ebay. Still not sure which of the 3 (stock black with S40 badge, Mercedes E55, or this) I like best:
    Hey, awesome new look Jermey! I'm torn between the Merc grille you were running and this new one... both have a unique appeal.

That being said, could you resize that top pic down a wee bit? It's giving my browser a conniption fit.
    1996 855R Wagon/ M56H
    EST Intercooler & piping, TIAL BOV, JT Tuning 3" Turboback, SPM H-beam rods, Venolia forged pistons, lightened/balanced crank, headwork still in progress

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think the merc grille, it works on sooo many leverls!

x

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi,

I have fitted a black wire mesh with chrome surround. It looks a bit 'odd' without the Volvo slash or badge so I took the centre part off of an old grill and attached it to the centre of the wire grill - fills in the space and makes it look a bit 'different.' However, these mesh grills will not work with your existing pull opener through the grill and a modification is supplied, which frankly I was unable to make work and is, in my opinion, of poor design and functionality - any query to the supplier is useless - they don't have a clue. An extended bit of welding rod is my 'pull-opener.'

I have pic of my car with grill and if you get in touch I'll email it to you as the image is to large for this site.

If you buy one and make their mod work - do let me know - but apart from that the grill is an easy fit.

Good luck!

Gunter Schimmel

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunter Schimmel
    Hi,

I have fitted a black wire mesh with chrome surround. It looks a bit 'odd' without the Volvo slash or badge so I took the centre part off of an old grill and attached it to the centre of the wire grill - fills in the space and makes it look a bit 'different.' However, these mesh grills will not work with your existing pull opener through the grill and a modification is supplied, which frankly I was unable to make work and is, in my opinion, of poor design and functionality - any query to the supplier is useless - they don't have a clue. An extended bit of welding rod is my 'pull-opener.'

I have pic of my car with grill and if you get in touch I'll email it to you as the image is to large for this site.

If you buy one and make their mod work - do let me know - but apart from that the grill is an easy fit.

Good luck!

Gunter Schimmel
    Really, I like the pull design and the swap took less than 10 minutes for me, even with my 3 year old screaming at me the whole time.
    Longing for summer...

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunter Schimmel
    Hi,

Good luck!

Gunter Schimmel
    Who made the grille you're using? Just curious.
    1996 855R Wagon/ M56H
    EST Intercooler & piping, TIAL BOV, JT Tuning 3" Turboback, SPM H-beam rods, Venolia forged pistons, lightened/balanced crank, headwork still in progress

arbee
    This user has no status
    to be honest the volvo is one oif the only cars where i prefer the fundemental design of the stock item - the slash and badge

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well after all that I'm probably going to leave it alone! I'm saving my pennies for a RICA or TME ecu remap, just deciding which...........
    James

T5 gone!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I know its not an 850 but just to give you an idea here are a few pics of mine One with the standard grill

Standard grill without the slash

Mesh grill with horns

Mesh grill without horns

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i've just ordered a nice back one for my 850 but how do you open the bonnet? it comes with a modified bonnet pull but cant figure out how it works!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    the modified pull is a bit of a pain to fit. took me a while to figure it out and even when i got it fitted, i had to bodge i so it worked.
    Vorspung Durch Technik

Thread Information