Hi all,

I have just bought my 5th (yes 5th!) 1999 V70R AWD. I have owned the 4th one for several years but I'm not an engineer so the car has been looked after by a Volvo dealer. I got to the point it needed some work (some rust on the corner of the roof and below the back window, a clunk in the gearbox and problems with the ignition barrel) and was trying to make up my mind as to whether or not to do it when I found a low mileage one that had just come in from Japan and bought it. I now have two (will have to sell the other one) and am looking at the V5 documents side by side.

The new V5 has just arrived from the DVLA today and it has some anomalies; the engine size is listed as 2430cc instead of the 2435cc that my previous one has. More importantly, there is no model stated on the form - it just says Volvo estate, no mention of the V70R AWD which is clearly stated on the other V5. I rang Swansea and explained how important this is to those of us who appreciate the difference and the lady there says that I need to return the V5 with a covering letter stating the importance of adding this information and why it's important. She added that any information from an enthusiasts' club backing up my request to have the proper model identifier added would be helpful.

Can anyone out there please supply me with this evidence? Has anyone had this problem and, if so, how did you deal with it?

I've had a silver one (written off ) a black one (not AWD so got rid of it) and three laser blue ones but this is the first time that the model hasn't been included.