Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Problems with V5 for V70R AWD imported from Japan

Hi all,

I have just bought my 5th (yes 5th!) 1999 V70R AWD. I have owned the 4th one for several years but I'm not an engineer so the car has been looked after by a Volvo dealer. I got to the point it needed some work (some rust on the corner of the roof and below the back window, a clunk in the gearbox and problems with the ignition barrel) and was trying to make up my mind as to whether or not to do it when I found a low mileage one that had just come in from Japan and bought it. I now have two (will have to sell the other one) and am looking at the V5 documents side by side.

The new V5 has just arrived from the DVLA today and it has some anomalies; the engine size is listed as 2430cc instead of the 2435cc that my previous one has. More importantly, there is no model stated on the form - it just says Volvo estate, no mention of the V70R AWD which is clearly stated on the other V5. I rang Swansea and explained how important this is to those of us who appreciate the difference and the lady there says that I need to return the V5 with a covering letter stating the importance of adding this information and why it's important. She added that any information from an enthusiasts' club backing up my request to have the proper model identifier added would be helpful.

Can anyone out there please supply me with this evidence? Has anyone had this problem and, if so, how did you deal with it?

I've had a silver one (written off ) a black one (not AWD so got rid of it) and three laser blue ones but this is the first time that the model hasn't been included.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    I'm not sure it really matters to be honest, as it will never be as valuable as a UK car as it's a Jap import. anyone who knows Volvo's would know it's a V70R AWD.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status

Thanks
    Why is it not going to be as valuable as a UK one? It's exactly the same model and year!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think he spelled "rusty" wrong.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi - Just joined the forum so this reply comes a couple of years late!
    To check your vehicle use this link to decipher your VIN.
    https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/vin_70.shtml
    I found it really useful and learnt that my Jap import was built in Ghent in Belgium in 2000. Apparently it is possible to tell the month of manufacture by the etching on the windscreen but I have yet to find how that works!

Thread Information