Join Today

Thread: 98 V90 stall

This user has no status
    Thanks

98 V90 stall

Hi everyone. My v90 2.9 is stalling, without going dead. Usually a couple minutes after start, it will puke out after taking off from a stop, no lights come on or error codes just a lack of pedal then it roars back after a couple of seconds. Anybody have this occur? So far I have replaced the mass air flow and it doesn't seem like an injector issue. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Possible fuel starvation issue? Something in the line like dodgy fuel pump, blocked fuel filter or bad fuel pressure regulator.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
    Possible fuel starvation issue? Something in the line like dodgy fuel pump, blocked fuel filter or bad fuel pressure regulator.
    Hi Dave, you are thinking along the same lines as I am. I replaced the fuel pump already, and was thinking filter and regulator should be next. Thanks for the input.

New Identity
    Thanks
    The filter is a cheap and easy item to replace and should be done if it hasn't been done for a long time anyway
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

Reignmaker (Tuesday 26th September 2017)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
    The filter is a cheap and easy item to replace and should be done if it hasn't been done for a long time anyway
    I just did the pump a few months ago, I have the regulator and filter arriving today. We will see if it fixes this.

New Identity
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignmaker View Post
    I just did the pump a few months ago, I have the regulator and filter arriving today. We will see if it fixes this.

Cool, let us know how you get on

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

Reignmaker (Wednesday 27th September 2017)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Start cheap!

Have you tried cleaning the throttle assembly out?

Any fault codes?

Fuel pressure regulator would cause a fault code to be logged, as would a blocked fuel filter. If the car then drives fine, even under, after the initial stall, then I very much doubt its the filter.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Reignmaker (Sunday 1st October 2017)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Start cheap!

Have you tried cleaning the throttle assembly out?

Any fault codes?

Fuel pressure regulator would cause a fault code to be logged, as would a blocked fuel filter. If the car then drives fine, even under, after the initial stall, then I very much doubt its the filter.
    It’s not so much a stall as it just goes flat. No pedal, like a long hesitation. No lights, no codes. I have my parts (filter and pressure regulator)and am trying to find time to get out there and install, next day or two. Thanks for the comments.

Thread Information