Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Didn't have time to adjust it but what you say about the one hand thing is spot on.

Decided to take pipes leading to and from the intercooler off for inspection. Little joiner one by the turbo was perfect. Worked my way along and undid the mounting bracket,undid the top of the rubber hose that goes towards the intercooler then..........it fell off the intercooler! Think I've found the problem. To the naked eye all was well. Turns out the jubilee clip had rusted all the way through from the bottom. Replaced a couple of other dodgy looking ones too and.........bloody hell this cars quick!

Must have sealed ok up to 3psi then that was enough and it leaked. My little jaunt with the actuator disconnected yesterday must have blown it off! Name:  IMG_0109.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  1.79 MB
    Last edited by Jofenan; Wednesday 4th October 2017 at 19:34.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jofenan For This Useful Post:

claymore (Wednesday 4th October 2017)

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Result , so what's it boosting to now?
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status
    Thanks
    To be honest I didn't look at the gauge after it got to about 6. Was too busy hanging on! Only had time for a quick go round the block. Luckily i live by a dual carriageway. Unluckily it has specs cameras on it!

Thanks for everyone's help. I at last have a car as fast as my previous Saab 9-5 aero (is that swearing on here??? Lol )

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    6 psi is still low. You should be at 9 or 10
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    So now you must clear all the fault codes and road test again.

Well done on finding the problem.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It may well have gone over 6. There was more important things to look at at the time,like the fast approaching roundabout and three lanes of traffic

It's safely tucked away in the garage now until Saturday when I'll next have some time to fiddle. The abs unit needs resoldering ,previous owner has jammed some shell reward cards next to the connector!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well it did go over 6 psi.....all the way to 7 psi. Took the actuator pipe off again and now it goes to 11 no problem so I'm guessing it's the actuator that's the problem? Haven't been able to adjust it yet as the bolt right at the bottom by the bulk head is solid! Even double spannering couldn't move it. Is it easier to access from underneath and get a socket on it?
    Last edited by Jofenan; Sunday 8th October 2017 at 12:01.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Managed to move the shield enough to adjust the actuator. Took 7 turns to get the hole half way off. Now boosts to 8 psi. Getting better! I'm guessing something's worn out?

Thread Information