Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Turbo boost pipe

Hi Guys

Not been on for a while, been ill etc and out of circulation, but thats another story.
    I was looking for some advice from the resident experts who know a shed load more than me about the V70 D5 engine.
    Just had mine in for service at the local dealers, who are great by the way, anyway during the health check which they do as part of the service, the mechanic has put on the sheet "major oil leak from turbo boost pipe under engine".
    Ok its an old car, 2006 with 120k on the clock but Im very fond of it and would like to keep it on the road, so the question is, has anyboby any idea what this is and more importantly how difficult is it to fix, I am quite handy and do most of my routine work, changing geartronic oil etc, but I did notice last time I had the sump guard off it was quite oily so maybe something in it.
    I hope some kind person can help or give me some idea of likely cost of repair.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Alan

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Since boost pipes don't carry oil (other than what naturally gets blown through the system via egr and breather system) I'd be either looking for a small boost leak, causing the natural oil in the pipe to seep out (usually around a connection) or a leak elsewhere running along the pipe.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    You mention under the engine, I'd be having a quick look at the turbos oil return pipe, if they are the same as the t-5s, they can leak and will give you an oily sump.

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

This user has no status

Thanks
    Many thanks guys for your replies, will look into the issues you have highlighted.
    Alan

Thread Information