Had a random lambda light and fan on all the time issue a few months ago. Swiftly figured out the engine coolant temp sensor was gone. Replaced that which solved the issue. Lambda light took a few weeks to go out (dont use the car much). The other day after some heavy braking testing the abs and tracs lights pop up. A quick engine restart and they go out but if you hit the brakes again, on they come.

Again, another quick bit of research pointed to a brake pressure sensor on the master cylinder and that fact they fail and leak fluid through the plug. Low and behold, unplugged it and it was soaked in brake fluid. No one seems to have the part anymore, dont think volvo make it either. Fortunately a quick visit to my local volvo breaker and I had a second hand one for a tenner. Haven't changed it yet but pretty sure it'll solve the problem.

Anyway, I ordered a new crank case breather set from PFV so thought I'd better fit that today. I had the inlet manifold off a few years ago and cleaned the original one so I knew what to expect. Got everything off and thought the inlet gasket looked a bit dodgy. Had to leave the job anyway to go visit family. Thought I'd better order a new gasket. Quick look on ebay, paid extra from next day delivery and then finally got back home to fit the new pipes and filter and as much as I could do without the gasket.

Of course at the end of all that, I looked down at the bag of parts and thought why's that cardboard in the bag. Look a bit harder I then saw the gasket that had come with the kit................. Buggar!!!

Although it meant I could finish the job just in time for the rain to come on hard.

Just when I thought things were looking up, my lambda light has come on again today. No idea what's wrong with it this time (this was on before I did the crank case work). Runs fine.

I've managed to get the demo VOL FCR stuff offline which sort of works with my old VAGCOM type usb obll cable. It seems to be able to communicate with the ABS and other systems but it will not connect to the ECO for some reason. It just keeps saying its timed out. HELP!!

The end....