OK, if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

For various reasons, my 97 V70 T5 (pre ME7) has sat on my drive since the end of November. From time to time I have started it up and let it idle for 30 minutes to get it up to temperature and to keep things moving.

Recently I left it perhaps too long and this last time, I found the battery completely flat, though not so much that the clock on the central display was still working.

After some new fuel and a jump, the car started and I ran it for an hour and a half to ensure that everything was as it should be.

Well, just about everything was with three exceptions.

1). The service light has come on and instead of going off after the prescribed two minutes of starting the car, it flashed intermittently for an hour and a half.

2). The temperature gauge did not work initially and then several times it raised and fell until finally it stayed at zero for the rest of the trip.

3). The speedo has not worked at all.

All of these are new problems to me, I have not seen them on the car before and actually nor have I read anything I can remember on any of these pages about such issues.

Is anyone out there who might have an idea what is causing these errors please??

Thanks in advance,

James.