Join Today
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon's New V70R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mine was a fresh XP install as it was originally a Win7 laptop and I bought a copy of XP pro specifically for Vida. I did run all the updates after installing XP though so maybe that was an issue. I'll try it with no updates next time, just a fresh install.
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

This user has no status

Thanks
    Just got a Win 7 refurbed one on the way. Fingers X'd. Looking at the shear amount of files it has to unzip and load I can see this could be fun...........

So what are Volvo doing staying on Win7 forever?

Now if the Volvo had a V8 http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/07/...-wagon-of-fun/

Now that would tow well.
    PH > https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/profile.asp? I memberId=7660
    Vids > https://www.youtube.com/user/MaximumAttack575/videos

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Er, correct me if I'm wrong, but
    does it NOT work on Win7? I mean, that's the whole reason I bought a copy of XP Pro and rebuilt my Win7 laptop!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The later versions do . I think it's 2014d and on work on win 7

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hmmm, interesting. Pretty sure mine is 2014D. And I'm sure the guidance both from the ebay listing and subsequent online searches said it had to be Win Xp. At the time I was trying to avoid having to buy a copy of XP and the extra work installing etc so I did do a fair bit of googling. If that's wrong and it does actually work on Win7 then that's interesting and it'll give me another option for getting it to work. Does it have to be a particular version of Win7? I think the copy I've got is just Home Edition.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I Think it's the pro version. I know it has to be xp pro, So I would think it's win 7 pro.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    God, I'm a massive fanny! (this might already been widely known and I'm just proving it yet again ).

It wasn't XP Pro I got, it was indeed W7 Pro. No idea why I had it in my head that I'd bought and installed a copy of XP Pro. Please totally dismiss all of my above useless - total ££££££££ - posts on the matter.

Good luck with the install Jon, let us know how it goes.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    My VIDA is installed on 2013D with windows XP Pro. If you use 2014D, then you need Win 7 Pro.

Home additions do not work with VIDA!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hmm I bet the pc I have just bought (think the VIDA I have is the 14D) will not even have the right Win 7 on it!

Hopefully hear tomorrow.

My car looks like (now the engine light is back on again) it is now running very rich at the tail-pipes. I'm guessing it might be the O2 / Lambda sensor on the frits. Let hope it get me to Swindon from London tonite with my engine hoist in the back. Gonna put the V8 in it (nice big carb, no electronic crap....).

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    My VIDA is installed on 2013D with windows XP Pro. If you use 2014D, then you need Win 7 Pro.

Home additions do not work with VIDA!
    Correct it needs to PRO or ENTERPRISE version.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jellison View Post
    Hmm I bet the pc I have just bought (think the VIDA I have is the 14D) will not even have the right Win 7 on it!
    If you have plenty of RAM and 4 cores (CPU) to spare, then install it via virtual machine. Less hassle if something goes sideways

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status

Thanks
    Checking pc on its way is Pro or Ent. Maybe my IT bods can slide in a Pro / Ent for me if not. PC will just be for this.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Seems pc just turned up and it 7 Pro. I'll try to load on Friday night or Saturday. Need it all 100% before IPD exhaust and remap. Then want to forget about it. Just drive the thing............

This user has no status

Thanks
    Software loaded.

On the Vehicle profile, it does not like me popping in the VIN, so then worked through the Model - V70 (00-08), Model Year - 2005, Engine for these seems to be B524T4, but then on transmissions I have a bunch of choices, AW50/51 AWD, AW 55-50/51 SN, M56, M58, M66, M66 AWD - which one? Car is the 6 Speed manual. Steering obviously RHD, then Body style I have 5DRS S.R or 5DRS WO S.R (5 door with or without something begining SR!! Any idea which.

I try M66 AWD and 5DRS S.R and try then hit OK.

That did not work - get a pop-up Message from webpage. Could not find a path to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Done a reboot and back in. The Video showed a top box of having to select the Dice tool from the Dropdown. But if I plug this into the USB noting happens. Doe it need power?

Does it have to be plugged into the car when doing this - i.e. car gives it power?

I presume I have to do the DICE connection, but do I need to do all the vehicle selection stuff?

plugged the Dice into the car with the ignition on first click and all the right lights seem to come on - flashing green plus, blue Bluetooth one and orange vehicle interface status.

But Vida Vehicle profile in the communication tool box still does not come up with the DICE in the dropdown.

This has to be the most annoying bit of software and hardware ever, and I work with Software!

How to get the DICE to appear in the Communication tool dropdown?

HELP..........................

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    You’re is M66.

With or without SR is Sun Roof!
    You need to check in device manager that you have the DICE software installed and it’s working correctly.
    When you boot your laptop, do not open VADIS until the icon changes from yellow to green in your taskbar.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    You’re is M66.

With or without SR is Sun Roof!
    You need to check in device manager that you have the DICE software installed and it’s working correctly.
    When you boot your laptop, do not open VADIS until the icon changes from yellow to green in your taskbar.
    OK on Sunroof (I have one!!).

The DICE doesn't appear in the device manager - tried with it plugged directly into the usb but not the car and then plugged both in the USB and in the car. But it didn't appear either time - have I missed a step?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Found this issue on Swedespeed forum, seem USB side of the dice box is not talking to the pc / software. Tits!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Jon replied to your email

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Found this issue on Swedespeed forum, seem USB side of the dice box is not talking to the pc / software. Tits!
    On the VIDA DVD that you were supplied, have a look in the folders and see if you can find the drivers for the DICE. Try installing them from device manager and search the DVD.

There is a utility on the VIDA program to test the DICE unit.
    For it to communicate, ALL the lights on DICE must be lit or flashing.
    Also, the DICE must be plugged into the car and the ignition must be in pos.2, otherwise the CAN network will not be fully powered up and communication will not be complete.

If you can't get it working, I will pm you my number and try to help you. I knew you wouldn't have it plain sailing....I had major issues trying to get mine working.

What version of Internet explorer are you using?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Software loaded.

On the Vehicle profile, it does not like me popping in the VIN, so then worked through the Model - V70 (00-08), Model Year - 2005, Engine for these seems to be B524T4, but then on transmissions I have a bunch of choices, AW50/51 AWD, AW 55-50/51 SN, M56, M58, M66, M66 AWD - which one? Car is the 6 Speed manual. Steering obviously RHD, then Body style I have 5DRS S.R or 5DRS WO S.R (5 door with or without something begining SR!! Any idea which.

I try M66 AWD and 5DRS S.R and try then hit OK.

That did not work - get a pop-up Message from webpage. Could not find a path to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Done a reboot and back in. The Video showed a top box of having to select the Dice tool from the Dropdown. But if I plug this into the USB noting happens. Doe it need power?

Does it have to be plugged into the car when doing this - i.e. car gives it power?

I presume I have to do the DICE connection, but do I need to do all the vehicle selection stuff?

plugged the Dice into the car with the ignition on first click and all the right lights seem to come on - flashing green plus, blue Bluetooth one and orange vehicle interface status.

But Vida Vehicle profile in the communication tool box still does not come up with the DICE in the dropdown.

This has to be the most annoying bit of software and hardware ever, and I work with Software!

How to get the DICE to appear in the Communication tool dropdown?

HELP..........................
    If DICE is NOT shown in the dropdown, then either the drivers are not installed or fully working OR DICE is not powered up.

Thread Information