Join Today
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon's New V70R

This user has no status

Thanks
    I am in Droxford Dave, north of Fareham. I know emsworth, down on the coast? What Volvo have you got?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi only a 2002 S60 D5
    I do have vida and boost leak testing kit if you ever need any help, It will cost you a ride in your R,
    Thanks Dave
    Last edited by davebb; Thursday 11th October 2018 at 20:26.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sounds like a fair deal, d5 is no slow coach.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes it does go well , it is tuned it made 208bhp 440nm, on devil developments dyno,
    I have always liked the R, my mate has a montune st275 mk3 focus and that feels very good, he had a test drive in the mk3 rs mountune 375, he said it did not feel much better then his st 275, the rs is heavy, so that may be why,
    your R should be good when you get it back,
    Dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hope so! I have never taken it over 4K revs as so worried by block stories. I enjoy the initial shove more than ragging it anyway. I just thought as getting all the other stuff done, I might as well have a map too. Hoping to keep it a long time, it’s my spare car. Daily is a Nissan Leaf ��. 208bhp!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dibble34 View Post
    Hope so! I have never taken it over 4K revs as so worried by block stories. I enjoy the initial shove more than ragging it anyway. I just thought as getting all the other stuff done, I might as well have a map too. Hoping to keep it a long time, it’s my spare car. Daily is a Nissan Leaf ��. 208bhp!
    Yes the D5 is no were near as powerful as a T5 or the R But the feeling of the torque is very nice, red line 4.500,
    I also have the early DO88 intercooler with out the map sensor fitting, as my sensor was in the top of the engine, but I now have fitted a 4bar map sensor so I had to fit another pipe with a boss for the sensor in the outlet boost pipe, so no over boosting, as the STD one was only 2.5bar, so with a remap it had no protection for over boost as it could not see it, but now it can, I had to edit the ecu for the new sensor, I can also switch between the Volvo standard 163 map and the 208 map, in the car with a remote control,
    Dave
    Last edited by davebb; Friday 12th October 2018 at 18:20.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Nice, is that expensive to get something to switch the map? I’d quite like standard and mental!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dibble34 View Post
    Nice, is that expensive to get something to switch the map? I’d quite like standard and mental!
    you need you STD one, so get shem to email you the STD .BIN File from the ECU read,
    Then you need to write I to a new flash rom, I do have the gear to do this,
    then you can piggy back the one fitted in the ecu, there is a pin on the flash rom chip
    that you can use to select ether chip, and you need some resisters, and a cheap remote control tx/rx ebay or amazon,
    with my d5 ecu , it uses a flash rom half the size of your ecu in the R , so I removed and fitted a larger flash rom 2 times the size of my std one,the new one is the same as yours, (i do have more chips in stock as I had to buy from china) before fitting the new chip I had to program the two maps std and remap on to this chip,
    so it only cost me about £30 and my time, I already had the programmer and all of the smt Hot air soldering gear as I do electronics for work and hobby,
    Dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    I can’t say I understood all of that, but I may have to give you a shout when it’s back if that’s ok?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes that's fine
    you need to get the original .bin file from shem, the one he downloaded from the ecu before the new remap,
    Dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    Car been bloody mega blasting down to central France today
    PH > https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/profile.asp? I memberId=7660
    Vids > https://www.youtube.com/user/MaximumAttack575/videos

This user has no status

Thanks
    That's good have had your car done then,
    Have a nice time,
    Dave
    Last edited by davebb; Monday 15th October 2018 at 20:53.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Car not redone by Shem for France (getting done tomorrow - full engine diagnostic then remap).

It had 1450mile on it in 9 days last week, ran great never missed a beat the whole time. Pretty good fuel consumption to. Just sitting at 90 on on Paeges for long chucks of trip helped (averaged over 27mpg ).

Might manage to get it on rollers post Shemtek, as plan is Shem first thing (very early start to get there), then picking up Griff from place with rollers - nr Chipping Norton (have front / rear anti rollbars mods).Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  198.3 KBName:  Bugs.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  140.9 KB

This user has no status

Thanks
    Good the car ran well,
    How long are you leaving it with Shem? are you getting a better intercooler,
    Dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davebb View Post
    Good the car ran well,
    How long are you leaving it with Shem? are you getting a better intercooler,
    Dave
    He’ll have it a few hours I’d think, then need to be back off south.

Not doing intercooler, max what I have then likely get one in the spring. The knowing me l’ll end up with the hybrid turbo as well at some point too. Tweak the map each time.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi, Let us know how it is ,
    Dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    OK the results are in.

Shem has knocked it out of the park.

Can load the RR sheet from home pc!!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/L2...C=w888-h666-no

Took a long time (all day!), good job I had a good book. Worked very logically pulling all stuff in front of engine apart and checking pipe work and stuff on top of the engine. He found a few issue (smoke test as well), with some flexi pipes and one way valve, plus one of the big hard plastic pipes (crack / split). Then tried car and logged it with map as I rocked up. Lots of heads scratching and showing me logs that I did not really understand(!), summary was it was just tying itself in knots (hence all the lumps and bumps in curves).

Finally happy at the end of the day, but did say the 95 octane in the tank was really effecting it a the top end (knock pulling it back
    ), and need to run it on 99 if I want it to run well and not drop off.

Once home filled up with V power and off to get my Griff from place in Cotswolds with rollers.

It is so smoother everywhere now, power now keeps rising rather than flat from 5, even though gradient not huge but feel like you can hold onto it up to 6+ if you need to now. Torque is huge now and right in reve range you use 90% of the time.

Spoken to a few people now and feeling is that is as good as it gets with std internals (bar shims), std turbo and a trick 3" catback.

321.3bhp @ 6100 and 367ft/lbs @3800.

Line Shem up fro March for a do88 Intercooler (Tim never answer mails - his loss). Prefer Shem does it remap at same time, should really back big gains from looking at PFS air temp comparison chart (huge drops over std T5 and 2x R Intercooler setups).

Happy Chappy finally.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Good it is now fixed, and no more boost leaks,
    what does he charge for a remap,
    How long did it take to get there?
    Dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    250 and it seems he starts from scratch on each on he does so a dedicated map to your car and existing bits already on it.

Yep, a long way! Plus I mistakenly went to an old address he has somewhere on the web before realising (what a ££££ heap), wrong place and going another 40mind further north.

Also got that daft 2k emmisions startup taken off and tick over raised to ~900 (out of vib territory with the top mount). Smooth at idle and all through rev range now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi all sounds very good,
    what did he think of the map that was on the car ?

I was thinking about bringing my tick over a bit higher as it is at 700rpm on the D5
    So I may do that,
    I bet you are out for a nice Sunday drive now the car is running well,
    when I got my d5, I went and got a boost leak tester, always good to keep a eye on it,
    Dave

Thread Information