Join Today
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon's New V70R

This user has no status

Thanks
    Please make sure you follow the installation steps: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puDtmo03CAQ" to the letter.
    The patch file is the same for 2014 A and D version.
    Same as before: If you have plenty of RAM and 4 cores (CPU) to spare, then install it via virtual machine. Less hassle if something goes sideways...

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status

Thanks
    I used this topic to install 2014D on my Windows 10 laptop. I have windows 10 Home and it works perfectly

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...Windows-10-Pro

Since this is my "daily" laptop, it updates itself automatically. Last week it stopped recognizing my Dice. I did some search and with the info found on this topic, I made it work again.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...Pro-64bit-IE9)

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    On the VIDA DVD that you were supplied, have a look in the folders and see if you can find the drivers for the DICE. Try installing them from device manager and search the DVD.

There is a utility on the VIDA program to test the DICE unit.
    For it to communicate, ALL the lights on DICE must be lit or flashing.
    Also, the DICE must be plugged into the car and the ignition must be in pos.2, otherwise the CAN network will not be fully powered up and communication will not be complete.

If you can't get it working, I will pm you my number and try to help you. I knew you wouldn't have it plain sailing....I had major issues trying to get mine working.

What version of Internet explorer are you using?
    Thanks Lee, tried the Device Manager stuff. No joy then saw your bit on the 4 lights. The USB under no circumstances ever flashes, in car on key turn 1 or 2 or just in house on 12v power. Seems it is stuffed. Have mailed seller saying I need a new one pronto.

Anyidea what the hunting on startup could be and then occasion dodgy ideal, and sooted tail pipe? I know this is old school diagnosis but ha this is how proper mechanics have been doing for years.

Another think about hating to pay for main dealer, all they are doing is plugging in one of these dedicated tools and bosh, this is the issue. No abiilty to actually work it out. They just take the part f the shelf and bolt it on and run the tool again, all for 150 quid per hour.

Thanks all.

Anthony I'll mail you back re a good time, birthday today so out, maybe in the week might be best, I leave work at 3;40 in Chiswick.
    PH > https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/profile.asp? I memberId=7660
    Vids > https://www.youtube.com/user/MaximumAttack575/videos

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jellison View Post
    Thanks Lee, tried the Device Manager stuff. No joy then saw your bit on the 4 lights. The USB under no circumstances ever flashes, in car on key turn 1 or 2 or just in house on 12v power. Seems it is stuffed. Have mailed seller saying I need a new one pronto.

Anyidea what the hunting on startup could be and then occasion dodgy ideal, and sooted tail pipe? I know this is old school diagnosis but ha this is how proper mechanics have been doing for years.

Another think about hating to pay for main dealer, all they are doing is plugging in one of these dedicated tools and bosh, this is the issue. No abiilty to actually work it out. They just take the part f the shelf and bolt it on and run the tool again, all for 150 quid per hour.

Thanks all.

Anthony I'll mail you back re a good time, birthday today so out, maybe in the week might be best, I leave work at 3;40 in Chiswick.
    The USB status should blink yellow when communicating with laptop then go solid yellow once connected.
    If it's not lighting up then it's likely because of a driver issue on the laptop not the DICE itself.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    USB light never comes on under any conditions.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jellison View Post
    USB light never comes on under any conditions.
    Then it's the drivers on your laptop not the DICE.

(Just unscrew the endcap from DICE, where the USB lead goes in, and make sure the USB cable is plugged in properly and all the way in!)
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    On of the first things tried. Have mailed supplier for another one.

Wasted 5hours on this Friday / sat. Went though all the stuff on drivers too.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I had the same issue when I bought mine.
    Your wasting your time getting a new DICE.

This user has no status

Thanks
    There is a good chance the OS and drivers are already corrupted. Its a nightmare to remove all registry keys properly after uninstalling the product, especially if you're don't know what to look for.
    Also good chance to make more damage than solution and you'll end up with toasted OS which would require a full clean install.

Instead of the above pain and as I mentioned several times previously,
    1. Please download the vmware player (free: https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-player.html) and
    2. Install a clean WIN 7 PRO/ULTIMATE x64 version as virtual machine

3. Make sure, you don't install any windows or Internet Explorer update!
    4. Then follow the VIDA installation steps: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puDtmo03CAQ" to the letter.
    Last edited by htomi; Monday 2nd October 2017 at 10:27.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by htomi View Post
    Instead of the above pain and as I mentioned several times previously,
    1. Please download the vmware player (free: https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-player.html) and[B]
    How much work is involved in installing and setting up a virtual machine, for the layman who has never done this before? What are the benefits compared to having the OS locally installed on the machine, if it's a laptop dedicated specifically for VIDA use (i.e. if you have to reinstall the OS anyway, at any time for some reason, is there a benefit in only having to do it on the VM rather than the physical laptop)?
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold 'N' Brown View Post
    How much work is involved in installing and setting up a virtual machine, for the layman who has never done this before? What are the benefits compared to having the OS locally installed on the machine, if it's a laptop dedicated specifically for VIDA use (i.e. if you have to reinstall the OS anyway, at any time for some reason, is there a benefit in only having to do it on the VM rather than the physical laptop)?
    To create a VM takes few clicks and max 30 sec. The next step is Installing an on OS which usually 30 mins (obviously it will depend on the host hardware)
    As the name suggests its a virtual environment. No hardware drivers needs to be installed. Works 'out of the box' immediately.
    Isolated from the Host OS.

In a nutshell:
    Cons: Losing disk space
    Pros: Takes away the pain to re-install everything from scratch e.g. device drivers, configure and many more which usually takes few hours from start to finish.
    You can save the VM image to a safe (preferably external location) and re-deploy at your convenience at any time within minutes.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Update.

Popped round Anthony's today. Before what occurred, once more a huge thanks to Anthony.

Plugged in his Vida to seeName:  thumbnail_IMG_2028.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  18.5 KB.

From this we presumed it was likely a dirty MAF sensor. tried to get the security bolts off but gave up (more on this later). So took off the filter box cover to find the dirtiest filter you can imagine!
    Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2029.jpg
Size:  25.8 KB Cleaned this out by banging on the side of the house(!) and binned the foam cover (clean under there, but the other hald filthy). The car had a supposed Volvo service just before I bought it (I have all bills), why the hell would you not replace this! So on the list.

Fired car back up a few times and the red top left ECM? code was back to normal! And the Engine check light is no longer on now

Next thing tried my pc / Vida with Anthony's DICE, boom, as soon as plugged in the Driver load message comes up and on starting the Vida software the Dice IP was in the Communication list - whoop whoop. So next step, pop my Dice into my pc / Vida after a restart of the app, yep it now sees my Dices IP in the list and runs the diagnostics. Was pushed for time so had to leave to get back to work, but really need a tutorial in this thing and how to reset stuff and read it all, but will play about.

Anyway once hole decided to get the MAF sensor out - bought a pack of security tools, but bugger me they are 6 point and the bloody one on the maf is 5. Beggars belief (£18 quid wasted - will try for a refund tomorrow!). So pulled the maf out by loosening the pipe at the back and the airbox. What and ass of a job. But once out drowned the maf sensor bits and bobs with the MAF cleaner (had previously bought for wifes old Puma - now that has NEVER gone wrong).

Popped back together, fire-up and will drive to work tomorrow hopefully still no engine light (none when above done) and will run better.

Next thing, anyone know where i can get the poppers to hold the front bumper onto the front valance (without going to Volvo - are they the same as the door card ones? - hitting the Pheasant seems to have exploded all 6 of these off the car!

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2030.jpg
Size:  16.9 KB

Roll on a few months trouble free life then IPD cat back and remap. I will be getting that cold start rev up to 2k then drop back to idle thing turned off (for the cat warming I believe) and might add 100 - 150 to the 750rpm idle, pity the Vida can't do this!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I'm sorry to say that the pictures you've posted are way too small! I can't make them out.

Regards the filter.....it wasn't that dirty mate, so I wouldn't get too excited about it making any difference.
    The front bumper clips I'd only get from Volvo. If you get them elsewhere, they'll probably not fit properly. Good news on the DICE....I told you it was a driver issue!

The sockets you require to undo the MAF are 'Security Torques'. Make sure you buy a quality set, as a cheap set may not be a perfect fit and you'll damage the screws.

Can you please post a bigger picture of the fault code list? I will then be able to compare to my car when I had boost leak issues, as I feel you do! Do not be led up the garden path with MAF fault codes....they don't mean your MAF is at fault

MAF operation should be check using actual values, then you'll know if it's ok. At idle and operating temp you should see around 10-12 kg/s. limits are in VIDA.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Wednesday 4th October 2017 at 02:07.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that the pictures you've posted are way too small! I can't make them out.

Regards the filter.....it wasn't that dirty mate, so I wouldn't get too excited about it making any difference.
    The front bumper clips I'd only get from Volvo. If you get them elsewhere, they'll probably not fit properly. Good news on the DICE....I told you it was a driver issue!

The sockets you require to undo the MAF are 'Security Torques'. Make sure you buy a quality set, as a cheap set may not be a perfect fit and you'll damage the screws.

Can you please post a bigger picture of the fault code list? I will then be able to compare to my car when I had boost leak issues, as I feel you do! Do not be led up the garden path with MAF fault codes....they don't mean your MAF is at fault

MAF operation should be check using actual values, then you'll know if it's ok. At idle and operating temp you should see around 10-12 kg/s. limits are in VIDA.
    See zoomed in ones. I suppose I should redo now my Vida is working, but the red ECM one was back to a green / normal colour I think (and the light on dash no longer comes on). Not sure on the details post the above as had to shoot off. I'd hope it is alot better post ripping my forearms up getting MAF out to clean.

I did not think MAF was at fault as such, but did suspect it was dirty. Temp in kg/s?

Name:  IMG_2031.jpg
Size:  123.4 KBName:  IMG_2032.jpg
Size:  100.1 KB

The sockets (security tools) I got were 6 point (all they sold), the ones on the MAF are v.small (~20's or less), but the issue is they are 5 cornered! not 6. I'll see if they sell 5 corners online, but as I pulled the whole thing out and able to properly clean, might just take back the set and do without (never need before), think I did the same on wifes car, rather than risk the screws getting mangled just pulled the whole unit out.

Anyway I'll warm the car up tonite (take the nice reliable Puma on the 45mile round trip most days - almost double the mpg).

I'll order 6 poppers to hold the top of the bumper from Volvo.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Listen to Lee, get those plastic clips from Volvo and buy a at least couple of spares. € 1 for a piece....

MAF readings should be ∼14 kg/h at IDLE, engine must be at operation temp, AC off, wheels straight.
    Also I agree, MAF code does not mean that the unit is faulty.
    It means there is a discrepancy (higher than expected range) between measured values and nominal values, therefore its listed as a fault.

This user has no status

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think we checked the MAF idle numbers (before cleaned were within the parameters or the Vida), will check in next day or so.

Ordered clips (in stock).

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The maf parameters at idle warm engine a.c. off are 12 and 20kg/h. The maf is just within limits . This was before it was cleaned and with a dirty air filter. Now Jon has his Vida up and running it's possible to check the maf data again

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The maf was reading 12.4 kg/h. We couldn't clean the maf at mine as Jon was pushed for time and I didn't want to damage the security torx bolts trying to rush.

This user has no status

Thanks
    That MAF reading is a bit low according to Contrast (Gustav).
    As said above it needs to be closer to 14kg/h. The last time - month ago when I had tested mine it was 13.9 - 14 kg/h - engine at operational temp, AC off, wheels straight.

I would recommend to continue live log MAF readings and boost levels and post results here.

Thread Information