Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Error 644A V70 II B5244T3 after head hasket replace

Hi guys,Im new to this forum,so Please accept my apologies if I post my post in wrong place. I have massive problem with my V70 mk2 Xreg B5244T3. Two weeks ago my mechanic replace head gasket,because car was losing cooling liquid.ok,job done,new gaskets etc....first start,all ok,engine works,but.....i can hear clicking/taping....sound like valves.I ask mechanic to replace oil and fillter,just in case,even old oil has been change 1K MILES ago.Any way,after oil change nothing,still clicking. They check turbo charger,all gaskets on the manifold.They check timming on camshaft. Still the same problem. By me they make mistake and set wrong timing,by them not !? i cancel my holidays,coz car its not 100% ok. The code from ECU 644A say that is Variable Camshaft,faulty signal,Intermittent. I check resistance on Solenoid and it was 4 ohms ? how many ohms should be ?Any way look's like solenoid its ok so far from my tests. Now its weekend and I will back to the mechanic on Monday to find the problem,but I need some ideas for my self and some tips what he can check what to do ? As i say,by me they f***k up the timming or something else on camshaft and thats why engine are not 100% OK. Any ideas ? Car drive but not as should be and this stupid clicking from valves. PLEASE guys help me. I will be grateful for all comments and sugestions. Thank You in advance for all info.Rafal

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Vvt can't be set using just the pulley markings, there's a possibility the vvt pulley needs setting correctly.

Hi everybody, I'm _____, nice to meet you. I have a _____.

We're more than just a reference forum, how about an introduction?
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Good Morning mate,Thx for reply.As far as I know,that's how they set up timming. They didn't have special tool to block both shafts from other end. But when I spoke with them,they say,that they take all top in one piece,and put on the side,and marks all as should be. Any way,something go wrong and its not as was,as should be and my lovely V babe its clicking What is the procedure to set up VVT timming fro "zero" from the beginning more less like a factory do. On Monday,they will strip engine to the head gasket and start again. I need some informations about so I can be there with them and make sure they dont do another mistakes Please if You have any ideas or links to some files or forums with info about step by step on VVT and head gasket,this will help. Any info about will help me control them job again and fingers X this time will be done propely. Thank You in advance for all info. Rafal
    Greatings from Cornwall.

Thread Information