Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Double din facia color ?

So I had a horrible cheap android double din head unit which I have now replaced with a nice Pioneer unit (sorry not gone back to original), the facia was grey in colour so I ordered CT23VL05 in black and when it arrived it's still grey any ideas if there is a black version out there somewhere?
    This is for a P2 V70R 2003.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBovis View Post
    So I had a horrible cheap android double din head unit which I have now replaced with a nice Pioneer unit (sorry not gone back to original), the facia was grey in colour so I ordered CT23VL05 in black and when it arrived it's still grey any ideas if there is a black version out there somewhere?
    This is for a P2 V70R 2003.
    I've looked at the CT23VL05 from https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conn...l-adaptor.html. That, though it is called black, is infact Grey and IS the correct colour match.
    The dash in a P2 V70R 2003 is almost identical in colour, so it's a perfect match considering it's aftermarket.

If you're not happy with the colour, just paint it!

It's called 'black' and in the eye's of a dash board... it's still black. So to answer your Q....NO, I doubt you'll get one that's physically and visually BLACK....or rather BLACK. That would look silly too.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I've looked at the CT23VL05 from https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conn...l-adaptor.html. That, though it is called black, is infact Grey and IS the correct colour match.
    The dash in a P2 V70R 2003 is almost identical in colour, so it's a perfect match considering it's aftermarket.

If you're not happy with the colour, just paint it!

It's called 'black' and in the eye's of a dash board... it's still black. So to answer your Q....NO, I doubt you'll get one that's physically and visually BLACK....or rather BLACK. That would look silly too.
    Follow up so you can see the colour differences....is there nothing closer in colour?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm a bit confused.

What Lee has said is right, although maybe doesn't tell the whole story.

CT23VL05 is grey because it's for the earlier 2000-2003 model years that had the lighter grey plastics. The have listed it as black, but that's a mistake.

If you want a darker one you need the product intended for the MY2004 onwards such as the CT24VL05. Potential problem there though, which maybe someone else can validate if I'm right or wrong, is I think the later ones have a slightly different radius to the curved corners so won't fit right

Have you fitted a darker (later) climate panel? It looks darker than it should for a 2003 and yet your vents at the top of the pic look light grey as they should.

Alternative to paint is you could try dying it with a the stuff a lot of people use to restore faded exterior trims, such as Wurth or Autobrite Restore 2 Black.
    Last edited by Gold 'N' Brown; Saturday 1st July 2017 at 02:07.
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

This user has no status

Thanks
    It is possible that the climate panel was changed at some point in its life....I will investigate a bit more.

This user has no status

Thanks
    So the climate module looks like a bit of a minefield, but yes there does look to be colour differences between years and they are cheap so this might be an option.
    The main question I have is around the buttons / options. Are these sealed units or can the buttons be swapped/added or blanked out? My car has the folding mirrors which don't seem very popular, could I buy a unit without that button and add it?

Cheers

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've never tried but I'm certain the buttons and blanks will just pop out so you can swap them from one panel to another, or add extra buttons if you were to retrofit other options etc - you get the gist.
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

This user has no status

Thanks
    So eventually a new facia arrived from the US and its a much better colour match.
    As can be seen in the picture below the old and the new look quite a bit different. Also I have attached the new part number should anyone else have the same issue.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TedBovis For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Sunday 17th September 2017),stricky1967 (Sunday 17th September 2017)

Thread Information