Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another R

This user has no status

Thanks

Another R

I have been on the look out for a V70 for a while now and came across this on a dealers website

So I got a flight upto Scotland to have a look.

It is a fresh Japanese import with 65,000 K.M's on the clock.
    Like it or loathe it, I have become quite fond of the Flash Green Atacama colour combo. It sort of suits the car, quirky Swedes!
    So on my way back I had to collect a bumper from the west coast for my restorection S60 R via a trip on a ferry!

Never been on a car ferry so it was bit of a novelty for me.

Then it was back home, covered around 600 K.M's

There are a couple of minor issues to sort, I will need to give it a once over & service prior to it's M.O.T.
    Hoping to have it on the road for early July (fingers crossed)
    More pics to follow
    St Etienne.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That place has always got a handful of imported S60Rs and V70Rs for sale. What's the general condition of their stock like out of interest? Any idea how long this one was with them?
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Very nice.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold 'N' Brown View Post
    That place has always got a handful of imported S60Rs and V70Rs for sale. What's the general condition of their stock like out of interest? Any idea how long this one was with them?
    i

What I saw looked to be in good order, I was on a time deadline as I had to get back home & had to go over to the west coast to collect a bumper so I did not really scrutinise the other stock.

They were very open & honest about the car & transparent throughout the sale, I can't really praise them enough. I would not having a problem buying from them again that's for certain. Everybody I spoke with were very friendly.
    When I arrived yesterday they just gave me the keys and said take as long as you want, no pressure or mither (I guess they knew I would be buying it as I'd made all the right noises & I'd also flown up from Manchester!)

This is going to be there demo vehicle

So yes I would say they are worth a visit.
    However they did say they had imported and sold around 80 of these so itis getting harder to find decent low mileage stock. I believe this to be true as I keep my eye on goo-net & Yahoo! Auctions and there are only a handful on both.
    Last edited by st etienne; Sunday 28th May 2017 at 07:32.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Nice!

Can you link their website please?
    Last edited by htomi; Monday 29th May 2017 at 11:23.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status

Thanks
    Contact number for them please

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I wonder if you're able to convert the KM to Miles using VIDA?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    P.M's sent with dealers contact details as I'm not sure whether or I am allowed to post company details ?

I can't say that I have seen that option in VIDA, I'm fairly certain that M.P.H will be a combination of having the correct D.I.M and also the correct software loaded.

I have seen a part number for the U.K language on VIDA. I think that is all it is.

I will price up a D.I.M tomorrow, I have also tried contacting XemodeX about a plug & play D.I.M.

Im still waiting for a reply from volvodiagnostics, I will try and give them call tomorrow as I'm HOPING they can either blank a used D.I.M so I can have a software reload OR clone a used D.I.M with my J.D.M D.I.M's info, then have the language download.

Thats my plan anyway.

The very last resort is just fit a M.P.H face plate.

This is the cheapest option, BUT would mean my odometer still reads in K.M.H ; (
    Last edited by st etienne; Monday 29th May 2017 at 17:04.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by st etienne View Post
    P.M's sent with dealers contact dealers as I'm not sure whether or I am allowed to post company details ?

I can't say that I have seen that option in VIDA, I'm fairly certain that M.P.H will be a combination of having the correct D.I.M and also the correct software loaded.

I have seen a part number for the U.K language on VIDA. I think that is all it is.

I will price up a D.I.M tomorrow, I have also tried contacting XemodeX about a plug & play D.I.M.

Im still waiting for a reply from volvodiagnostics, I will try and give them call tomorrow as I'm HOPING they can either blank a used D.I.M so I can have a software reload OR clone a used D.I.M with my J.D.M D.I.M's info, then have the language download.

Thats my plan anyway.

The very last resort is just fit a M.P.H face plate.

This is the cheapest option, BUT would mean my odometer still reads in K.M.H ; (
    Just wondering has your face plate got miles & kms like the UK cars ?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sadly no, just K.M's.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sadly no, just K.M's.
    Mine is also a Japanese import with approx 75k miles on the clock when I bought it a few months back and I have KM on the outside and MPH on the inside of the dials, all trip info is in kms though.
    Only real problems I have had has been with dry and damaged pipework and rubber boots along with the dried out trim moulding, all due to the extra heat/sun.
    I would have no hesitation buying another import mine is in great condition. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This user has no status

Thanks
    Pic of the clocks

As you can see there not like U.K clocks with dual speed read outs.

Your J.D.M import with dual M.P.H & K.M.H will have had a speedo face plate conversion
    https://www.kmh-mph.co.uk/product-r-...n-pd1484m.html

This user has no status

Thanks
    So there were 3 initial issues I noticed with the car.
    Firstly the sunroof did not work

Which I'm fairly certain is due to a failed alarm siren

Second was this a broken side repeater

And thirdly a floppy key.

This user has no status

Thanks
    First thing to go was the sat nav & E.T.C & wiring (Electronic Toll Collection) due to the majority of motorways in Japan being chargeable Toll Roads.

This is some of said wiring,

Then there was this

This user has no status

Thanks
    On a plus I found it had these

Winner!

On the down side where the sat nav had been mounted it has left a mark & the rubber screen trims are badly perished.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I've also noticed a couple of bits more

[URL=http://s32.photobucket.com/user/BOSOZOKU-1/media/V70R%20Flash%20Green/IMAG2223_zpso3jtank4.jpg.html]

This user has no status

Thanks
    So this is how it looked when I got back after driving through torrential rain for 2 hours

Bumper for the restorection which I collected from way over on the west coast of Scotland.

And after a quick bath with my spare 18" Pegasus wheels

And with restorection, going to the body shop tomorrow for some paint work (restorection that is, hence black bumper, the V70 is Almost perfect!)
    Last edited by st etienne; Monday 29th May 2017 at 22:27.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to st etienne For This Useful Post:

htomi (Tuesday 30th May 2017),LeeT5 (Tuesday 30th May 2017)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I guess you'll be removing that HU601 (guessed model #) and fitting the Premium HU801?

Plenty available on the bay.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I guess you'll be removing that HU601 (guessed model #) and fitting the Premium HU801?

Plenty available on the bay.

Sadly yes, which is a shame as its got a mini disc. Having said that I don't have any mini discs anyway.
    My other R has an HU803, So is the 801 a better unit then ?
    I've hopefully sourced one from a localish breaker. But as you say there are a few on eBay.
    I've also toyed with fitting an aftermarket one like the blue planet, but I think it's really going to start running away with costs if I go that route.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Sadly yes, which is a shame as its got a mini disc. Having said that I don't have any mini discs anyway.
    My other R has an HU803, So is the 801 a better unit then ?
    I've hopefully sourced one from a localish breaker. But as you say there are a few on eBay.
    I've also toyed with fitting an aftermarket one like the blue planet, but I think it's really going to start running away with costs if I go that route.
    No, my mistake, I mean't to say HU803

BTW, the roof not closing has bugger all to do with the alarm siren.

Find the Relay that controls the roof and check it's ok. Make sure it's got a live to it when you operate the switch. May just be a blown fuse.

Thread Information