Join Today

Threaded View

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

Exclamation VIDA/DICE enabled/disabled vehicle features for S60R/V70R

I was recently asked if there is a list of things that can be turned on/off on our cars. Whilst I'm not aware of any such list in existence, I will do my best to include everything.
    This list is mainly for S60R/V70R models but is not exclusive to other models also and there may be other features missing or disabled on other models. This list is for 'comfort' features only and not for controlling sensors/actuators on the vehicle for diagnostic purposes.

VIDA/DICE

For those with VIDA, these features are found within the 'Vehicle communication' section.

CEM (Central Electronic Module)

Ignition switch light ring - On/Off
    Alarm LED output - On/Off
    Step in light - On/Off
    Seat temps High/Low in *C or *F from Off/ min 10*C > 43*C
    Daytime running lights - 3 different settings
    FMH (Follow Me Home) lights - 0s/30s/60s/90s (Lift the main beam stalk towards you when keys removed from ignition to activate)
    Rear wiper, back up wiping - On/Off (If wipers are 'On' or 'Auto sense' the rear wiper will sweep when reverse gear is selected)
    Time delay locking of fuel flap - 0 min/10 min.
    Light On warning - On/Off. (Rather disappointingly, this is not what one would think. When enabled, if your headlight switch in in the 'headlight' setting and your DRL's are set to 'Flexnoll' (which means they behave like a normal light switch, ie, Off/Side/Head, then the switch LED remains partially lit by 50% and your sidelights will remain 'On' when you remove the key from ignition. Meaning, it's annoying and you constantly have to return to the car to switch off the light switch. I therefore recommend this setting is left in the 'Off' setting)
    Interior light, Key - 5s/15s/30s/60s/90s/120s/180s/210s/240s (amount of time the interior lights remain on when you remove the key) This is interupted when you lock the car.

CCM (Climate Control Module)

Cabin filter compensation activation - On/Off
    Blower fan Afterblow activation setting - On/Off (This is a really Cool feature if your car has ECC (Electronic Climate Control) V70R/S60R models do as standard, applies to other models also. Certain conditions must be met before 'Afterblow' will switch on. They are: Ambient air temp above 28*C, Aircon switched 'on' for more than 4 minutes before engine switched 'off'. Vehicle switched 'off' for 50 minutes. Then the interior cooling fans will be switched on automatically at 50% speed and air directed at center front vents. This remains on for 20 minutes to draw fresh air through the condenser, to aid drying out and prevent bacteria build up thus prevent poor odors being blown into the car when the airconditioning is used. This is done with the car switched 'off' and locked! If you return to the car and switch 'On', Afterblow will stop and normal fan control via the ECC will resume).
    Blower fan speed setting - can be adjusted through 5 settings. Best left at 0V.
    Parking heater (if fitted) air distribution - 90/10 ratio at 10 increment adjustments.
    Rest air distribution - 90/10 ratio at 10 increment adjustments. (You will notice this adjust when you stop at traffic lights etc, you'll hear the vents move!)
    Temperature knob offset - 5 settings from -0.5*C - +1.0*C. (Best left at 0.0*C)

UEM (Upper Electronic Module)

Interior light, key - 5s - 255s. (18 different timings)
    Interior light, door - 10 min - 255 min (27 different timings)

I've tried to highlight all the 'Comfort' settings that can be manipulated in some way, shape or form from within VIDA. I may have missed some, but I checked all modules for my V70R.

Hope this helps some people
    Last edited by LeeT5; Saturday 20th May 2017 at 09:13. Reason: can't spell :(
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Doingitsideways (Saturday 20th May 2017),htomi (Friday 19th May 2017),Spawned66 (Friday 19th May 2017),stribo (Friday 19th May 2017),t5 pete (Friday 19th May 2017)

Thread Information