Join Today

Thread: Audio upgrade

This user has no status

Thanks

Audio upgrade

Hi I have recently upgraded all the speakers in my 2006 s60r added 2 4 channel amps in the boot along with a sub I want to keep the hu 850 headunit and have connected a din plug adapter wire to the headunit but my problem is there does not seam to be enough power coming out of the headunit as the amps are cranked nearly all the way up but still not driving properly the next thing to try I've been told is line level converters coming out of the amp under the drivers seat I was just wondering if anyone has tried this or has any other suggestions.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Sorry, forgive me if I'm completely getting this wrong, but aren't most cars typically a 4 ohm affair, and Volvo speakers are 8 ohms? Would that not have an impact or am I talking complete Boloc*s?

Are S60R/V70R Dyn Audio speakers 8ohms or 4ohms? Would that make a difference?

Also.....

2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    As Lee said, we need pics

A line level converter from the amp would probably do it, though I would have thought the signal to the boot from the HU din wouldn't degrade that much. Is the cable of good quality?
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry for hijacking this thread any suggestion on which is a good headunit want to replace the double din headunit on my 1998 v70 r

Thread Information