Join Today
    Bored it now need to build
    it...
    Thanks

What's this pipe?

Anyone know what this black plastic pipe is for? Looks like prt of the ventilation system but they all work ok. I assume it's meant to be joined but it's stuck in there tight!

It's located above the brake booster bolts slightly towards the centre console

Thanks!

Name:  IMG_4630.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  97.1 KB

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Maybe rear floor vents.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    water drain of the aircon ?

it...
    Thanks
    Good point guys, I think vents to the back may be the best option as air does pass through it and there's no sign of any water. It refuses to go back together though!

I will test the rear vents before I put it together and post an update if I can get it together!

Thanks

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    The rear floor vents usually come off the front of the heater and down the side of the floor tunnel.

There is a vent on both sides which demists the cargo area windows just behind the rear seats, maybe for that.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

New Identity
    Thanks
    Hmm, looking at some parts diagrams it seems it goes through the bulkhead into the engine bay. This must be the ecu cooling pipework

Apparently air is directed from the a/c system into the bottom of the ecu which is then vented through the pipe which goes from the ecu box to the fan cowling.

If you look under the coolant tank there is an insulated pipe which runs from the bulkhead to the ecu. Always wondered why it was insulated
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

Bigsi15 (Monday 1st May 2017)

it...
    Thanks
    That's very interesting I never even thought of that. It does indeed go into the firewall but I always figured the ecu was passively cooled by the pipe coming in from the front. Will try and see if I can link it up and get an answer. Thanks for looking it up on the diagramms

New Identity
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsi15 View Post
    That's very interesting I never even thought of that. It does indeed go into the firewall but I always figured the ecu was passively cooled by the pipe coming in from the front. Will try and see if I can link it up and get an answer. Thanks for looking it up on the diagramms
    Thats what I thought too. Volvo went that extra mile for some reason.

Thread Information