Join Today
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Donnas s60r

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    I'm having nav issues on the project s60r pops up every time the car is started, not sure why though
    Mine does that if I don't power the sat nav 'off' FIRST before switching the car 'off'.

If I start the car then switch on the sat nav......then power it 'off', it lowers and then the Sat Nav remembers the last state it was in. Switch off car and restart, Sat Nav stays down!

Even if you're missing the remote, just power off the Sat Nav first before switching off the car. If it then pops up on the next restart, I would try an RTI reload at your local dealer first. Cost will be about £80 (RTI software is part# 9438400 and costs £42.60 + Vat. Labour is around £25).

If that does not fix the problem then you'll need to send it away for a new PCB. (Cost around £180 for the PCB....£275 if you have to have a new screen also.)

Unfortunately, if you have to send it away for a new PCB, you'll need a software reload at Volvo again before it will work on the car's control's/remote.

I would first check to see if you have any RTI**** fault codes stored in your CEM, as these will be an indication of any RTI faults. Including COMMS faults between RTI and CEM.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Tuesday 2nd May 2017 at 13:48. Reason: Incorrect pricing.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Wednesday 3rd May 2017),MoleT-5R (Wednesday 3rd May 2017)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Managed to get a few little jobs done tonight
    First was to find the water leak looks like new radiator time so will price a new one up at volvo

New fuel filter

Checked the gear box fluid which was a little low so topped up

Finally was to replace the front discs and pads

Also inspected the exhaust blow found it coming from the new down pipe flange also the bolt holes have cracked

And finally is there any thing on Vida where I can set the position of the head light wipers and switch them on I looked through a old thread on this car and looks like John switched them off some how

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Mine does that if I don't power the sat nav 'off' FIRST before switching the car 'off'.

If I start the car then switch on the sat nav......then power it 'off', it lowers and then the Sat Nav remembers the last state it was in. Switch off car and restart, Sat Nav stays down!

Even if you're missing the remote, just power off the Sat Nav first before switching off the car. If it then pops up on the next restart, I would try an RTI reload at your local dealer first. Cost will be about £80 (RTI software is part# 9438400 and costs £42.60 + Vat. Labour is around £25).

If that does not fix the problem then you'll need to send it away for a new PCB. (Cost around £180 for the PCB....£275 if you have to have a new screen also.)

Unfortunately, if you have to send it away for a new PCB, you'll need a software reload at Volvo again before it will work on the car's control's/remote.

I would first check to see if you have any RTI**** fault codes stored in your CEM, as these will be an indication of any RTI faults. Including COMMS faults between RTI and CEM.
    I'll give it a go and check with vida (thanks), all 3 have nav but I never use them.

Is there a way to get digital Tv on them?

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Looking at the bolts holes I don't think they are cracked but when they were laser cut they cut through to get a clean hole..

This was my new down pipe Before fitting.

The headlight wipers it's worth a look to see if they are plugged in as if bumper cover is removed you need to unplug them .

Also on the fuel filter on the plastic fittings I put a bit of duck tape over them to stop dirt getting into the fitting, with any luck easy to remove next time .
    Last edited by Harvey; Wednesday 3rd May 2017 at 22:21.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

t5 pete (Wednesday 3rd May 2017)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Volvo only sell one radiator now which is the one for the auto cars as it will fit both auto & manual cars.( It got the oil cooler for the gearbox )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Cheers for that Harvey looks like they should be there on the down pipe.
    The wipers are plugged in and also I did indeed the wiper arms and 're position them in the correct place but as soon as I started the engine then dropped down again.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    At least radiator is easy to fit.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Volvo only sell one radiator now which is the one for the auto cars as it will fit both auto & manual cars.( It got the oil cooler for the gearbox )
    Is that the one you had fitted to your car I have had a little look around bit was advised to only use a genuine one as the alloy ones are not supposed to be too good pfv sell

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Is that the one you had fitted to your car I have had a little look around bit was advised to only use a genuine one as the alloy ones are not supposed to be too good pfv sell
    The volvo one was £240 list + VAT I got it from FRF £192 + VAT but to be honest look at a hella one it's got 2 years on it lots cheaper, I only got it as I found it leaking a couple of days before Tim fitted one of his intercooler.

also have a good look at the lower hose as it can wear at the P clip on the gear box.

I wasn't sure where my leak was so just got the hose incase turned out to be a good call,
    Last edited by Harvey; Wednesday 3rd May 2017 at 22:42.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Cheers for that Harvey looks like they should be there on the down pipe.
    The wipers are plugged in and also I did indeed the wiper arms and 're position them in the correct place but as soon as I started the engine then dropped down again.
    did you remove the arms then ran them so they parked then refitted the arms ?

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    That's certainly a big difference in price Harvey just done a search for them
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-RA...354?nav=SEARCH
    Last edited by t5 pete; Wednesday 3rd May 2017 at 22:55.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Wednesday 3rd May 2017)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    did you remove the arms then ran them so they parked then refitted the arms ?
    Yes but for some reason they just went straight down again the wipers must have been disabled as they do not do any rotation when screen wash lever is applied

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    The wiper motor is different on the R, the lead with the plug on is longer but you can fit standard S60 ones if you just move the wire a bit .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    To reset wipers is easy.

Just undo the 8mm bolts and remove them. Them lift wiper stalk to wash screen, this will automatically move the headlight wiper motors and they will stop in the correct position.
    Then refit and tighten the arms and 8mm nuts.

Test.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    And finally is there any thing on Vida where I can set the position of the head light wipers and switch them on I looked through a old thread on this car and looks like John switched them off some how
    Dunno about Vida but on mine I disabled the headlight wipers by pulling the fuse (because one of my wipers has seized and was making a constant loud buzzing). Downside being that the fuse is also for the adjustable leveling (mine are halogens so manual leveling). Might be worth checking if the fuse has been pulled on yours - it's in the fusebox on the drivers side end of the dash, you should be able to determine the correct one from the owners manual (but I'm sure you already know that ).
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Yes but for some reason they just went straight down again the wipers must have been disabled as they do not do any rotation when screen wash lever is applied
    (Sorry Pete, I never read all the post, just your reply from my email on my phone....I'd not seen that you'd already tried the reset Harvey suggested, then I suggested.)

After checking the fuse/s Gold'N'brown suggested....(though, I'd have thought they wouldn't work at all if this was pulled or blown)...I note that your saying BOTH wipers are dropping?

VIDA or software does not control these wiper motors, they only have two wires connecting them - Earth and a switched 12v feed.

To determine if the motors are at fault:

Remove the 8mm nuts, washer pipe and pull off the wiper arms complete with blades.
    Bonnet open, unplug the wiper motor (behind headlights) and using a power probe (do not use a length of wire unless you have a fused link - if the motor is seized, you'll blow the wiper control fuse in the fuse box!) establish which side of the plug is switched feed by checking the feed from the plug on the cars side not the wiper motor side.

Check you're getting a good earth from the car supply plug to the wiper motor plug.
    Check you're getting 12v switched feed for about 4-5 seconds. If you are, then power and earth are good and the fault lies within the wiper motors.

The readings should be the same for both sides.

If you're not getting a 12v switched supply then your problem lies in that circuit and most likely controlled by a relay.

To check the motors is simple. Now you know which wire supply is earth and live, just shove the power probe into the live side and switch on......the motor your probing should then oscillate continuously.

If both you're motors are doing exactly the same thing...ie dropping down, then it's likely you have a relay fault but I'd do the simple checks first to rule out the wiper motors.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

t5 pete (Thursday 4th May 2017)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold 'N' Brown View Post
    Dunno about Vida but on mine I disabled the headlight wipers by pulling the fuse (because one of my wipers has seized and was making a constant loud buzzing). Downside being that the fuse is also for the adjustable leveling (mine are halogens so manual leveling). Might be worth checking if the fuse has been pulled on yours - it's in the fusebox on the drivers side end of the dash, you should be able to determine the correct one from the owners manual (but I'm sure you already know that ).
    I just unplug mine, the things are next to useless I'd rather have the pop up spray like on the facelift non R models

This user has no status

Thanks
    I had similar issue with my PS wiper and it was a faulty motor. Got a used one for £15 ish from ebay and since everything back to normal. The motor was from a standard V70.

Here is a good article about the wiper motor repair and why these fail:
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/blog/posts/h...ht-wiper-motor

Regarding the spray nozzle, AFAIK cannot be fitted without customization.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

26. The Following User Says Thank You to htomi For This Useful Post:

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Might sound daft, but the headlight switch is in the "on" position isn't it?

Seem to remember they don't work if the switch is in "0"
    Just like main beam won't stay on unless the switch is turned to on.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Doingitsideways For This Useful Post:

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post

Sorted, I used the enter button, now it stays down

Thread Information