Join Today

Thread: Donnas s60r

Threaded View

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post

And second on the list is find why is rubbing badly when turning left on the drivers front wheel new lock stops fitted but that isn't the problem as it's rubbing further up in the arch above the metal plate and starts doing it from about 40% of lock
    When you're sat in the car with no passenger the right hand front will squat slightly more, especially if you're a big unit , this will definately cause excess rubbing in the arch. Coupled with normal spring sag and poor alignment. There could be excess wheel camber on the right side more than the left.
    I would take the car to an alignment center and have them check and adjust with YOU sat in the car.

Did the haldex oil and filter today nice easy job to do the took all of 15min on ramp

That looks disgusting! Clearly it's never been changed. If I were you Pete, I'd use the recent Haldex oil change as a flush and drive the car for 100 miles then do another oil change with another filter. You never get 100% of the oil out, so when you drain it the second time I bet it's totally black again!?
    And the new parts list

PARTS LIST
    X2 1 way valves - part no 9485451
    Wiper blades- part number 31457763
    Fuel flap hinge
    Spark plugs
    Air filter
    Top engine mount poly or genuine ?
    I'd go Poly but not Powerflex. I'm guessing your top mount is the later square type? There's just too much movement in those tops mounts for my liking, they're too slack. You could out the alloy bush holder and change it for an earlier round one? Loads on eBay and then you'll have more of a choice of bushes to try in the round ones.
    I currently have an Australian Superpro bush but it was needed as it's slightly softer than the Powerflex yellow due to my Top mount rear bush being PF Black series and the mounts on the strut turrets are solid alloy IPD brackets!
    If yours are still stock, then I'd go straight in with the PF yellow square mount. You won't get any engine vibration. I definately recommend stiffening them up though and fitting the PF purple bracket bushes. They remove about 80% of the engine brace play without compromising engine vibration.

To be honest, In my experience, you've gotta play around a little with the engine mounts as no two setups are the same and everybody's opinions are different.

I can tell you that I have absolutely no engine vibration and a solid engine brace. PF black series small rear top mount bush and Superpro blue front top mount (Round) bush.
    It's a big improvement with a hell of a lot less engine movement, no excess vibration and great throttle response with smooth gear changes.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

MoleT-5R (Tuesday 6th June 2017),t5 pete (Tuesday 6th June 2017)

Thread Information