Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks

c30 d5 2009 turbo in and out??????

Hi i have a c30 d5 2009 and i keep getting turbo loss and then other times it is in. I have cleaned the EGR out but still the same. I have also noticed that when the turbo is in when the accelerator is loosed off i get a hissing noise like a flutter is fitted. 1st and 2nd it pulls well but 3rd and 4th are very sluggish but 5 th is fine and 6th is sluggish can anyone HELP!
    I have had info that the stepper motor needs changing. Anyone else came accross this?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Sorry, but I feel you should maybe introduce yourself first before wading in with Techy questions.....

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/forumdis...oduce-Yourself

You might get a more friendlier reply!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry didnt think it was facebook had a problem and thought i would ask a question, as that was what a forum was for not a mother's meeting! Obviously you cant help and im not as clued up on forum site's as yourself. By the way im Davoc30d5 the answer in my username would probably put you right!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Davoc30d5 View Post
    Sorry didnt think it was facebook had a problem and thought i would ask a question, as that was what a forum was for not a mother's meeting! Obviously you cant help and im not as clued up on forum site's as yourself. By the way im Davoc30d5 the answer in my username would probably put you right!
    Well now we all know who you are, with your attitude, I'm sure they'll be loads of people here tripping over themselves in an attempt to help you out.

You also right chap, No this ISN'T Facebook and no we don't hold any mother's meetings here, as you so aptly put it, but a little common courtsey goes a long way!

One more thing....WTF has your username got to do with it? I wasn't asking you what vehicle you drive!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    LeeT5 im sorry to say your forum as you probably think is your own has not had many responses recently! I wonder why! Obviously from a jumped up little boy like yourself who was bullied at school and who now thinks he has a knowledge of cars that you own can make people like myself feel un-welcome on YOUR FORUM! Im sorry to say that the info you have i can get from alot of people who are happy to help, so stick it where the sun does not shine and i will put it briefly UP YOUR OWN ARSE. Im not a bully i have a son who is autistic and alot more problems to deal with than a bell-end like you. So thanks for the info i wont be asking advice from a forum run by a bunch of idiots who cant be friendly to new-comers, as i have to deal with this daily through my son!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    LeeT5 im sorry to say your forum as you probably think is your own has not had many responses recently! I wonder why! Obviously from a jumped up little boy like yourself who was bullied at school and who now thinks he has a knowledge of cars that you own can make people like myself feel un-welcome on YOUR FORUM! Im sorry to say that the info you have i can get from alot of people who are happy to help, so stick it where the sun does not shine and i will put it briefly UP YOUR OWN ARSE. Im not a bully i have a son who is autistic and alot more problems to deal with than a bell-end like you. So thanks for the info i wont be asking advice from a forum run by a bunch of idiots who cant be friendly to new-comers, as i have to deal with this daily through my son!
    I'm not bothered if you don't come back here and as I know you'll receive my reply in your email, I figured I may aswell respond.

I don't ever recall giving you any info? Secondly, I also don't give a shi@ about your autistic son (quite what he's got to do with it and why you dragged him into this, I'll never know) maybe you were after some sympathetic reply?

Anyway, It's not MY forum, but I like many others here are pissed off with people that post short random posts with hardly any info or background (like yours) and expect us all to jump on and waste our time and effort replying only to find the OP never replies or reads and then just @ucks off without a care, never to be seen again on the forum! We've had two already this week. This isn't Facebook, we're a 'community' of like minded Volvo owners of all models and willing to help genuine people with genuine car problems.
    Your very FIRST post on our forum wasn't even a 'hello' or basic introduction. None of us know anything about your car or it's history and before you go off on one, none of us want to know your life history (we don't give a shi@ about that)
    You clearly misunderstood my response to your first post and clearly thought I was instantly on the attack! Have you never heard of 'BANTER'??

Take it or leave it, I don't care. If you come back here and be a valid member of VPCUK then great! if not and you choose to get your info from FB then that's fine too. There's one particular bloke on FB that's a font of knowledge in the Volvo world and he'll gladly help you out, especially in the 'technical department', that should keep you're C30 ticking along nicely. His name begins with...James! Look him up, he'll put you right

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Monday 17th April 2017),Shinsplintz 101 (Monday 17th April 2017),stribo (Monday 17th April 2017)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    James Ewins is a Volvo legend, will definitely be able to help.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Link please !

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    Sweet Jesus.....they're all channeling Bongo Dave this week!

To the OP - throwing your toys out of the pram & then blaming your autistic son for your lack of humour is quite frankly distasteful. Most of us will know someone on the spectrum & whilst we can sympathise with your position I doubt any of us have much time for the type of narcissistic drivel that oozed out in the thread above. I wish you & your boy well. Next time you join a forum, just introduce yourself, describe your car & it's history as accurately as you can, then politely ask for help. Nothing else. Nada. We're all bored of chancers dropping in, having a hissy fit when random questions aren't answered quick smart on the smallest amount of information.

Start again & be welcome.

Don't & jog on.

It's of little consequence to those of us who a regulars here.

PS. I too hear that the James fella on facebook is a top spanner & loves to help the afflicted

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

Doingitsideways (Tuesday 18th April 2017),LeeT5 (Monday 17th April 2017)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Welcome to VPC Dave

If you think this place is friendly....try T5D5

Seriously though, lots of good people on here.....stick around and you'll find most folk are friendly and more than willing to help out a fellow Volvo owner. Unfortunately, my mechanical skills can be written on a creme egg so I won't be of any use lol.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Welcome to VPC Dave

Seriously though, lots of good people on here.....stick around and you'll find most folk are friendly and more than willing to help out a fellow Volvo owner. Unfortunately, my mechanical skills can be written on a creme egg so I won't be of any use lol.
    But you can take a ace photo see below

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Monday 17th April 2017)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    ...So thanks for the info i wont be asking advice from a forum run by a bunch of idiots who cant be friendly to new-comers, as i have to deal with this daily through my son!
    Bongo Dave's (diesel driving) dad

//edit
    oops sorry, when I wrote that I didn't notice the austic son comment in the midst of the ranting. Apologies although that said we all have our own lives going on, everyone one of us has difficult stuff to deal with yet we have no right to call each other bell ends and idiots within the first few posts. At least get to 10...
    Last edited by jamesy12345; Monday 17th April 2017 at 11:04.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post

At least get to 10...
    Exactly!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Monday 17th April 2017)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    While we're on the subject of bell ends, anyone wanna put their 10p worth in and hurt my feelings? I was quite touched by the choice of words.

"Bell end"......got such a nice ring to it!

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Bell End.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Williams View Post
    Bell End.

You don't count Tim as your allowed to call anyone a bell end!

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    While we're on the subject of bell ends, anyone wanna put their 10p worth in and hurt my feelings? I was quite touched by the choice of words.

"Bell end"......got such a nice ring to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Williams View Post
    Bell End.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post

You don't count Tim as your allowed to call anyone a bell end!
    Hush, Nobjockey.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doingitsideways View Post
    Hush, Nobjockey.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Doingitsideways (Monday 17th April 2017)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Welcome to VPC Dave

A creme egg has never survived near you long enough for anything to be written on it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

MoleT-5R (Tuesday 18th April 2017)

Thread Information