Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    Hi Simon - who did your Zorrst in the end? I was going to recommend Infinity in Yate, not that I have used them but my mate has for his kitcar, having previously had a very bad experience with one of the big names resulting in him failing scrutineering at Castle Combe. He praised them highly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to woz For This Useful Post:

Bigsi15 (Tuesday 6th June 2017)

Bored it now need to build
    it...
    Thanks
    Hi buddy. Yes I used them in the end. Have to say mixed opinion sadly, price was good but they bodged my downpipe flange with the wrong one and didn't tell me, that cracked a weld a week later so had to go back for a temporary fix while they made a new flange. That was then incorrectly made as didn't have the female slot for the turbo male so when drivIng home was smoking out a gap so back again... eventually right and it's great. Nice guys though to be fair (the owner spent ages sorting it in his own time) and in fairness the flange being incorrectly made wasn't their fault but I would have liked to think they would pick up on it rather than me telling them! It's only because I'm anal about these things that I'm not driving around with it bodged now. I also wasn't offered any compensation for 2 extra 50 minute drives up to them and my time wasted

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsi15 View Post
    Hi buddy. Yes I used them in the end. Have to say mixed opinion sadly, price was good but they bodged my downpipe flange with the wrong one and didn't tell me, that cracked a weld a week later so had to go back for a temporary fix while they made a new flange. That was then incorrectly made as didn't have the female slot for the turbo male so when drivIng home was smoking out a gap so back again... eventually right and it's great. Nice guys though to be fair (the owner spent ages sorting it in his own time) and in fairness the flange being incorrectly made wasn't their fault but I would have liked to think they would pick up on it rather than me telling them! It's only because I'm anal about these things that I'm not driving around with it bodged now. I also wasn't offered any compensation for 2 extra 50 minute drives up to them and my time wasted
    At least they sorted it. Probably an honest mistake and a steep learning curve for them too!?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

it...
    Thanks
    Yeah could have been worse I guess. Annoying but as you say at least it's sorted!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigsi15 For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Tuesday 6th June 2017)

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    mmm... sometimes you learn more about the caliber of a company from how they react when things go wrong, than when they go right.
    At least they seem to have "owned " the problem and kept at it until you were satisfied. Others we know to well on here have been inclined to deny it and leave the customer in the lurch.

it...
    Thanks
    Yeah very true. To be fair they did at least try to resolve it and never give me any issues. I would suggest if you use them that you explain very clearly to them what you need and how to do it! I didn't and assumed they would do it right and they didn't. Other than that and checking it well before you leave you should be fine. So far mine has held up ok and is lifetime guaranteed. Good luck!

Thread Information