Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

C70 convertible sub frame

Now that the weather is not quite as cold and wet, I have started doing a bit more work on my 1998 V70r.
    I have got to replace the wish bones and repair the drive shafts and some engine mounts.
    I have got hold of a C70 convertible sub frame and the extra rear brace to go with it.
    Now seams like the perfect time to fit it.
    Has anyone done this? and did the combination of the solid bushes and extra brace make much difference?
    This is to go with the already fitted top brace , and tow bar cross pice.
    Thankfully being a R the wish bones are the 4 bolt type , so my already purchased arms will still fit.

Roger.

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    If your 98 v70r then the subframe brace won't fit without modify.

I've got one of these braces and will be modify it in the next few months.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

This user has no status

Thanks
    I am changing the whole subframe and the big brace at the back.
    As it will not fit as you say on the normal subframe. Also the C70 convertible one has the added frame under the engine.
    The bit were it doesn't fit is just the rear mounts on the standard subframe, where the standard one has rubber bushes and the C70 one solid metal ones.
    I am hoping this will stiffen it up a bit.
    Hopefully it will not transfer too much more vibration through.
    I do like your car, very nice.

Roger.
    Last edited by Rogerb; Saturday 1st April 2017 at 21:06.

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Ma'R'k on here did it a couple of years ago

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...ame-Conversion
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the link.

My one came off a 2002 manual car.
    I have all the mounts for the side of the gearbox extra mount, on the c70 the rear mount was not used and has just a bump stop on it.
    My M59 gearbox has the mounts for the side mount on it , just not used and not threaded. But I tried it for fit and all ok.
    Just got to decide what one to use. I am tempted to use the original, or both mounts together. I don't know what effect this would have. It may hold the engine a bit better or may fight each other.
    Also the C70 has a different battery tray with a harmonic damper on it, with some extra mounts. As well as an other extra harmonic damper on the right hand side , and apparently one in the boot in the rear wing well.
    As Ma'R'k had no problems that he said about I may not fit the dampers if not really required.
    Roger.

This user has no status

Thanks
    All fitted now.
    I cut off the unused extra mount.
    Just got to finish the rest of the jobs.

Roger.

Thread Information