Join Today

Thread: S60r bumpers.

This user has no status

Thanks

S60r bumpers.

Is there any other bumpers that will fit an S60r?
    SWMBO has managed to mangle both front and rear bumpers on my 2007.
    Also is there any way to raise the front a bit to prevent her from doing the same again? She's managed to put the front bumper up on kerbs now four f#%king times!!!
    Many thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    The V70R front is the same, not sure if this helps. I'm pretty certain the 'R' front bumper is unique to this model due to the foglights shape.
    The rear bumper on the other hand looks the same as a standard bumper to me. From what I can see it is just the lower valances that are different.

Good luck on finding bumpers, I've been looking since May 2016 for a pair of Pre facelift bumpers & all I've managed to source is a pair of facelift ones!

I MAY considering selling a front bumper as I've managed to get a duplicate of this.
    Last edited by st etienne; Wednesday 15th March 2017 at 20:30.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to st etienne For This Useful Post:

bazza2541 (Wednesday 15th March 2017)

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    By an XC90. That should sort out the curbing issue!

The R has a lower ride hight than a standard S60 and runs on 4c shocks specific to that model & spring set. I'm sure you could probably raise or lower the car on taller/shorter springs by but suspect the shocks & ride will suffer. Wouldn't advise it.

I'd imagine that standard S60 bumpers will fit the R and would give you a bit of extra clearance at the front - but iirc the rears are the same? So potentially go gain there.

Again, be simpler to buy an XC90.

Good luck!

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    The front bumper is different on a R to the rest of the P2 range, the rear is the same fit but different lower trim so you could do a bit of a mix and match for a rear

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

htomi (Thursday 16th March 2017),Shinsplintz 101 (Wednesday 15th March 2017)

This user has no status

Thanks
    May well be simpler to go with a SUV, but most certainly won't be as much fun. ;-)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    the rear is the same fit but different lower trim so you could do a bit of a mix and match for a rear
    Thanks for this Harvey!
    I was looking at the rear last weekend when removed to fit the exhaust trim and had the same suspicion.
    I think the lower trim can be removed and replaced.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status

Thanks
    To the OP:
    I would suggest to browse the US site frequently for part outs. The import duty could be a killer....but you'll have better chance to find one.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdi...Parts-For-Sale

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by htomi View Post
    Thanks for this Harvey!
    I was looking at the rear last weekend when removed to fit the exhaust trim and had the same suspicion.
    I think the lower trim can be removed and replaced.

The main problem with that is that the lower valance comes with the bumper.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to st etienne For This Useful Post:

htomi (Friday 17th March 2017)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'm not entirely sure, however it looks like the lower valance is secured with plastic clips/nuts which can be carefully unhooked and re-attached to the newer one.
    Last edited by htomi; Friday 17th March 2017 at 10:31.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry my previous post probably was not very clear. What I meant was that the lower valance can only be purchased attached to the rear bumper from Volvo. I do believe that it should just unclip though.
    Not sure what is exactly damaged on the O.P's bumper perhaps they could post pics up to see if the lower valance is salvageable ?

This user has no status

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks
    As far as I see from the pictures, the rear can be saved.
    The front is bad... and maybe beyond repair...
    Obviously you would need to get a professional opinion from am expert.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Lol, there's nothing left behind the bumper cover on the front. She likes to park it on top of kerbs, which I could sort, but then she panics and reverses off the kerb and wrecks all before her. Front fogs came off in bits. It's bodged on with windscreen bonding just now.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza2541 View Post
    Lol, there's nothing left behind the bumper cover on the front. She likes to park it on top of kerbs, which I could sort, but then she panics and reverses off the kerb and wrecks all before her. Front fogs came off in bits. It's bodged on with windscreen bonding just now.
    I wouldn't be laughing!

Option 1. Ban her from driving the R and force her/buy her another, cheaper, higher ground clearance car....like a standard Mondeo.
    Option 2. Send her on a Basic driving course to 'improve' her driving skills...if any?
    Option 3. You teach her how to reverse park......in fact, scrub that, I bet the wheels are in a right state?

Looking at the photos, I'm no expert, but I can see that there's at least £1000 worth of damage there, including a new front bumper, paint, labour etc etc..
    The rear looks salvagable, but could prove more costly in labour trying to repair than just buying a new bumper and spraying, although, I can't remember if the R bumpers come already painted?
    You'll be able to get the fogs off PFV for around £100 the pair.

If you get the car repaired then your only option is Option 1! Otherwise, all the hard work will be undone in a week the next time she takes it out and insists on parking over the top of the kerb..... WTF do people do that?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Hide one key and keep the other in your pocket at all times.
    ive got a pair of fogs you can have cheap but no brackets.
    the front bumper can be repaired with hot staples to fix the splits , new front prepainted are £650 ish.

Thread Information