Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5bobbo View Post
    It's really confusing. I rang my local dealer up and they said fully synthetic 5w30. But then i rang the dealer up where it was last serviced and they said they recommend 10w40 part synthetic. Iam just going to go wth what is in it as it seems to be ok. Doesn't burn oil and runs fine

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    You dhould go with whats in he book if your not sure, not what the dealer says! As Martin said, if you ask the Dealer now what's recommended in my car, they'll tell you 0w30...buts that's NOT what my handbook says! It should be 5w30......however, I use 5w40 as it's better for the summer temperatures we get, especially in the South East where it can regularly get above 30*C.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    We shall see how it goes but 10w40 it is thanks for all the advice

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    As I said, the 2.3 t5 was developed for 10/40 semi synth.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Thread Information