Join Today
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Cool pictures and definitely a great project. How is it going?

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Haven't done much to old girl since the last update. I've always put Esso super plus 97 and she's ran OK on it but now Esso have gone to super plus 99 she runs like a trooper the little bit of knock I had at high boost has gone.

Name:  21-11-20a.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  50.0 KB

Light blue - knock
    Green - boost

Picked up a 3" exhaust flap cheap off of eBay only to find the housing was 3" but the flap was 2.5". So I ordered some 1.5mm stainless sheet, machined up a mandrel out of a piece of aluminum and made a 3" flap. All works ok but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it or where to mount it on the exhaust system.

Name:  exhaust3.jpg
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  exhaust2.jpg
Size:  70.0 KB

Name:  exhaust1.jpg
Size:  128.0 KB

Name:  exhaust flap1.jpg
Size:  69.2 KB

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

3. The Following User Says Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

kmb (Wednesday 10th February 2021)

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,180 Posts
    After having a flat battery I've noticed a slight hesitation when driving at around 30 mph the hesitation goes if you drive it like you stole it. I recorded a run to the supermarket this Saturday and managed to get the hesitation recorded.

Name:  maf spikes.jpg
Size:  49.0 KB

I've looked at the data and I'm pretty sure the MAF voltage is spiking which causing the ECU to think the engine is drawing in more air so it increases the fueling. I checked the two spare MAF sensors and one was way out on the pin resistance and the other was closer to the one fitted to the car, so that one got fitted and I went for a drive trying to keep to 30 mph. It looks like its cured the problem, fingers crossed.

The two MAF sensors have complete different Bosch number on them so not sure which one is for a 850.

Name:  maf1.jpg
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  maf2.jpg
Size:  88.9 KB

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

Newby

Thanks
    thats good thats cured, what did you use to record that?

Thread Information