Quote Originally Posted by MoleT-5R View Post
great work Rob, you'll have to keep the tread depths even front and back now to stop the awd wanting to kill itself, unless you where to fit a haldex unit somehow........???? Steve should soon have a spare one knocking about when he breaks that s60r....
Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
Reference tyres,

I came across this on an American Web site about the early awd and tyres.

IF there is a tire circumference difference you use the larger on front. The overrunning clutch in rear of viscous unit lets the rear driveshaft not stress the angle gear. Smaller tires up front will make the rear go slower and the overrunning clutch locks and the angle gear will get loaded and cook out the fluid and it dies.

On that I've fitted my newest to the front. But I'll keeping an eye on how all 4 wear.
P1 AWD tyre tread tolerance is 2mm MAX between front and rear axles. As long as you keep within spec, you wind the Transfer box up.

Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
I had the tracking done which has made a big difference to the steering

I've done just over a hundred miles in it now, still getting used to the diesel box, I have to remember to change down to 2nd when pulling away from 30 mph if not the engine bogs down and won't pull away.

The AWD is fantastic it's great powering out of corners a lot earlier than a FWD.

Here are some photo's from Saturday's Beaulieu meet.

Name:  20170916_133732.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  94.6 KB
My only critisism is the awd badge needs to be repositioned to the right so the letter D in AWD is under the R and slightly left. Other than that, she looks fantastic and a credit to you sir!

See AWD badge position....

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...70R-1581_5.jpg