Join Today

Thread: V50 remap

This user has no status

Thanks

V50 remap

Guys,

I am collecting a 2011 V50 D3 on mon/tues this next week and I will be wanting to get it re-mapped. Can anyone recommend where to get this done? Will be going for a power map + maybe map out the DPF.

I am in cumbria, but don't mind traveling to get this done.

Thanks in advance

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    During 2011 Volvo introduced a pincode system that prevents anyone from flashing aftermarket software into their vehicles' ECUs, The job has to be done , going back to the stoneage by opening the ECUs and flashing in through contact points on the circuit board.

This PINCODE BANDITRY is shocking in its scope allowing Volvo to profit from it to an extent that no other manufacturer has to date.

Against a cornerstone tenet of the EU, manufacturers should not exploit a dominant market position.

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Friday 24th February 2017)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    http://www.jrtuning.co.uk/index.shtml

This is the guy that mapped my car. He removed the ECU and 'pinned out' the chip to map it.
    I highly recommend him.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I have contacted Rob at JR Tuning and had an email craic with him.

Although since then there has been a change of plan, the D3 was a wreck, looked like it had been abused, so now looking at getting a D4 of the same year. Do these all have the DPF fitted now? And is there any mileage in getting this removed (sleeved inside) and deleted?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    The laws on DPFs have changed considerably since they appeared on cars way back circa 2004 ish.
    It's a massively grey area and you ultimately risk it failing an MOT, even if you delete the DPF through software.
    The only performance gains to be met would be if you physically removed the DPF.
    Otherwise, it begs the question, what is it you're trying to achieve?
    If it's performance then why would you buy a Diesel V50?
    Why not sell it and get a V50 T5? At least they don't have a DPF, so no mucking about.
    Surely the point of having a performance car is getting one that's half way there already!?
    Next your going to tell me it's a 1.6 diesel.....to which I'll reply, why bother?
    Maybe I'm missing the point??
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Were you to buy a pre '10 V50 D5 with a proper 5 pot diesel engine then I can offer you MTE's excellent software calibrations that you can flash in yourself through the OBD port. I still have that on my special offer at £355.

That gives pretty good enhanced outputs of 225bhp and a stonking 480nm of torque.

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    The laws on DPFs have changed considerably since they appeared on cars way back circa 2004 ish.
    It's a massively grey area and you ultimately risk it failing an MOT, even if you delete the DPF through software.
    The only performance gains to be met would be if you physically removed the DPF.
    Otherwise, it begs the question, what is it you're trying to achieve?
    If it's performance then why would you buy a Diesel V50?
    Why not sell it and get a V50 T5? At least they don't have a DPF, so no mucking about.
    Surely the point of having a performance car is getting one that's half way there already!?
    Next your going to tell me it's a 1.6 diesel.....to which I'll reply, why bother?
    I could tell you it's a 1.6, but that would be incorrect. It's the 5cyl 2.0 D4. I'm not wanting to delete the DPF for power gains, the straight fwd remap will give enough power for my Mrs to handle. My reason for wanting rid of the DPF is simply through experience of what trouble it caused with her previous V50.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
    Were you to buy a pre '10 V50 D5 with a proper 5 pot diesel engine then I can offer you MTE's excellent software calibrations that you can flash in yourself through the OBD port. I still have that on my special offer at £355.

That gives pretty good enhanced outputs of 225bhp and a stonking 480nm of torque.

Don.
    Thanks Don, depending on what this car is like on Saturday I might get back to you.

I take it that the 61reg that we're going to test on Saturday cannot have software just flashed in to it then?

Andy

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    ...Surely the point of having a performance car is getting one that's half way there already!?
    Nowt wrong with an extra bit of grunt to go along with the fuel economy!

Thread Information