Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

850 T-5R Roof Lining.

Maybe the V70 Owners can help me here!! For some strange reason Volvo gave us nice black leather and suede alcantara interiors in the yellow T-5Rs but put a strange biege roof lining in it!! Anyway I have horsed it out and have bought a length of black alcantara to recover it. I have had a local lady run two seams running side to side over the front seats and back seats ( similar to the seam on the side of your jeans !) to give the effect of it being 3 pieces and the fine stitching has been done in yellow to make it stand out ( very subtle tho ..not Max power stand out!!) but my problem is the handles are beige. I am sure i have seen dark ones but every one i see just now is biege!! Are there such things and also is the interior light unit at the front with the fasten belts sign etc available in grey ( is the V70 one the same shape ) cos i dont want to go down the vinyl paint route!! Especially as the interior lights dont pop out so would need masked and that wouldnt look too good? So if anyone knows please let me know! Cheers

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Can't help with the strange biege, but would love to see some pics

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi Scotty

I replaced the interior light unit on my car shortly after having it as the interior light control unit was shot.

The lenses of the interior lights don't come with the unit. I am not sure if I ditched the old one or not. If I still have it do you want it to practice on?

As for the handles, you could try plastic bumper paint. Halfrauds do a dark grey which is very close. Prime it first and should be OK as long as too many folk aren't hanging onto them for their lives all the time
    Martin

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"

280 RICA
    ITG Panel filter
    Volvo strut brace

Thread Information