Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

ETM fault - which way to go?

Hi

Having been suffering with a gradually failing ETM, it's got to the point where i need to do something about it.

Question is, which route do people recommend going down:

A) Sending away for repair/re manufacture, i see BBAreman offer this service for c.£160

B) Getting a reconditioned unit from my local dealer, cost just under £200 + £30 software (labour depends if i fit it myself or get dealer to do whole job)

C) Buying a sensor from ebay and have a go at fitting it myself, cheapest option but little/no guarantees

Thoughts please...

Thanks, Dave

ps, car is 2000 V70 T5 if that makes any odds.
    Dave
    1996 850 T5 CD estate - sold
    2000 V70 (p2) T5 SE - brought back from the dead
    2015 V40 T2 R-design

This user has no status

Thanks
    A or B.
    BBAreman would be a good choice as you won't need to worry about the software load, however it involves a slight risk if the unit is beyond repair.
    Less risk with the reconditioned unit from dealer as it is under warranty, however it won't work till the software is loaded. In this case I don't think if you can fit it yourself. Worth to check with the dealer beforehand.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to htomi For This Useful Post:

Dave_T5 (Friday 10th February 2017)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well, decided to go down the dealer route. Now have a car I can drive without unexpected hesitation moments, hopefully going to stay like that! Now to move on to the other bits and pieces it needs...
    Dave
    1996 850 T5 CD estate - sold
    2000 V70 (p2) T5 SE - brought back from the dead
    2015 V40 T2 R-design

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave_T5 For This Useful Post:

htomi (Saturday 18th March 2017),M-R-P (Saturday 18th March 2017)

Thread Information