Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

3BAR MAP sensor for 2002 S60 D5

I am looking for a 3BAR MAP sensor for my 2002 D5,as you know the denso one is fitted to the plenum top of engine not the intercooler, it is fitted with a 2.5MAP Sensor as stranded, I am going to edit the ecu map to read this 3bar sensor,
    Do you know of a 3bar sensor that will fit in the same mounting place, I am happy to change the plug on the loom to fit the new sensor
    Thanks for your Help
    Thanks Dave

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi sorry I have not posted what I did, I cut the rubber pipe from intercooler to egr manifold pipe, and got a alloy pipe with a boss welded on it to hold a bosch vw MAP sensor and I made a adaptor cable to go from the plug of the STD 2.5 bar sensor to the new one, then you have to tell the ecu that you have a 3bar map sensor fitted by writing in new settings, I used the same settings that VW use for there cars with the 3 bar MAP sensor fitted, as they use a bosch ecu and it is spot on, you have to check the reading with car not running but on against the atmospheric sensor, for reading to be the same, I do have a real boost gauge fitted and that is reading to what the ecu map has been set to, and I have logged it with the Delphi DS150E reader in flight recorder mode,so you can drive without having a pc on the seat, it puts the data to the sd card in the unit, it read real Volvo data, as most other obd2 readers are limited to 2.5bar reading,
    if anyone would like more info on this just ask,,
    Dave

Thread Information