Join Today
    non working V70 Mark 2
    Thanks

proud owner of a Mark 2 V 70 from today but some questions

ello and good afternoon,

i hope someone can help to some questions i have.

i bought today a 2001 mark 2 Volvo V70 2,4 Estate Automatic.

on this Car which is going into my Garage tomorrow is some slight knocking while driving and major grinding scraping noise when in full lock going to the right which will be checked out. as i could not see why.

the Engine Management Light is on and it don't start when driving and switching it off after a while unless disconnecting the Battery for a second. but nothing else seems wrong - driving beautiful and quiet.

the Radio system doesn't work, radio yes, no cd no tapes, so i would like to exchange this for a sat nav dvd system with telephone free speaking i have from the other car and is only 6 month old so first to saves me buying a Volvo one second i would like having the more luxury modell instead the dull Volvo System,
    what do i need ?
    what connectors are in the back if anyone knows ? or would Plug in be the same as other Radios? Black and Brown ?

Is anything only working while the original Radio system is in or once connected nothing else is uninfluenced by it ?

as some light bulbs incl beam lights not working i been thinking replacing them with HID bulb system.
    alternative very strong xenon 150 Watts.
    ( i know some may be totally govt lawful on that but i drive a lot on country lanes at night and want to see not guessing )
    .any answers on that one or experience ?

oh yes before i forget.
    no Keyfob came with it.
    can one extra bought maybe from E bay or Amazon as they cheaper as Volvo and programmed to the car ?
    easy or hard, any tools needed for this ?

other then that the car needs a good clean and wash and polish scrapes out

Thank you in Advance for any help

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by v70tom View Post
    ello and good afternoon,

i hope someone can help to some questions i have.

i bought today a 2001 mark 2 Volvo V70 2,4 Estate Automatic.

on this Car which is going into my Garage tomorrow is some slight knocking while driving and major grinding scraping noise when in full lock going to the right which will be checked out. as i could not see why.

the Engine Management Light is on and it don't start when driving and switching it off after a while unless disconnecting the Battery for a second. but nothing else seems wrong - driving beautiful and quiet. Either an immobiliser or Crankshaft sensor fault, from the unclear explanation, but you will need Good quality diagnostics or VIDA/DICE to interrogate the car's modules to get a clear answer.

The Radio system doesn't work, radio yes, no cd no tapes, so i would like to exchange this for a sat nav dvd system with telephone free speaking i have from the other car and is only 6 month old so first to saves me buying a Volvo one second i would like having the more luxury model instead the dull Volvo System,
    what do i need ?

http://www.bluepower.se/en/product/a...6-version.html <<<<CLICK LINK

....These are a direct replacement and will cost you £380 + shipping for the version that includes CAN BUS for your steering wheel controls (if you have them). You'll need the 2000-03 version with OE amplifier. If you don't have steering wheel controls then it'll be £296 + shipping. I, personally, wouldn't fit any other HU as it will not match the dash and the quality of sound output is not guaranteed, unless you can match the Ohms rating for the speakers.
    what connectors are in the back if anyone knows ? or would Plug in be the same as other Radios? Black and Brown ? I wouldn't go cutting any wires at the rear of the HU unless you know what you're doing! These HU's are tied in with the CAN BUS on the car and will need the proper connectors and cable harnesses to make them work seamlessly with the vehicle.

Is anything only working while the original Radio system is in or once connected nothing else is uninfluenced by it ? Steering wheel controls, reverse parking assist, telephone mute are all affected by the HU.

as some light bulbs incl beam lights not working i been thinking replacing them with HID bulb system. Your Car will fail it's MOT if you fit aftermarket HID's and do not have self levelling system and headlight wash wipe.

alternative very strong xenon 150 Watts. More expensive than HID's and from past experience they don't last 5 minutes and any form of painted on glass filter (to make them appear higher up the colour temp spectrum) will just make the actual light output on the road much less than a stock bulb. Also, if fitting HID's and your lens are really poor quality, you will get masses of 'light glare' caused by tiny cracks and UV damage in the plastic lens. This will be a hazard to other road users. If your lens are glass, then you won't have this problem. Just make sure you fit the correct bulb 'type' for your light housing.

( i know some may be totally govt lawful on that but i drive a lot on country lanes at night and want to see not guessing )
    .any answers on that one or experience ?

oh yes before i forget.
    no Keyfob came with it.
    can one extra bought maybe from E bay or Amazon as they cheaper as Volvo and programmed to the car ?
    easy or hard, any tools needed for this ? Yes you can buy the key fobs off eBay now, but you will still need VIDA/DICE to program them!

other then that the car needs a good clean and wash and polish scrapes out

Thank you in Advance for any help
    I have tried to be as informative as possible. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Wednesday 15th February 2017 at 09:15.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

non working V70 Mark 2
    Thanks
    Thanks LeeT5.
    i know now what the fault is so stepped away from doing much more to the car. replaced the Radio for a original working one before i knew it, never did the HID - good Job, wasn't worth it.
    to fix the problem is too much money and hassle involved.
    i bought a Mark 1 V70 instead with everything inside when it came out - previous owned by a Volvo Manager - so the Mark 2 is put up for Sale Spares or Repairs.
    It has MOT til Nov17 so surely someone has the time and want to do the work.
    I cant crawl under the Cars anymore due to health and give it to Volvo would cost me an Arm and a Leg plus a Mortgage i guess, also i needed a Car running this week.
    so surplus the Mark 2 is for Sale.

i had already one Enquiry but the guy taken the Piss with his offer. i leave it advertised for what i want for it. which i think is fair for a perfectly good Gearbox fully Leather, Radio system and so on.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Well it was good to close this thread. Good luck with the P1.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Where have you advertised it? How much are you asking? Spares and Repairs tend to go for about £500 for something like this (from what I've seen). I'm not looking to buy, just interested as I'll be selling mine in next few months.
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

non working V70 Mark 2
    Thanks
    gumtree, facebook. 450 ono

Thread Information