Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

1999 V70 r awd none start issue

This issue can appear at anytime even if the weather is warm/cold, fuel tank full/low and even if the engine is still warm after the car has started normally and been on a short run through town.

I`m having a issues with my car occasionally not wanting to start when turning the key the car will turn over but not fire straight away its as if it wants to fire but just turns over, sometimes it will fire but splutter and die.

It sometimes takes several try`s before the car will fire but once fired the car will run fine until turned off again and depending on how it feels it will either fire up straight away again or have to go through the same none fire issues.

I`m asking if there is any common issues i can look at myself before i put it into a garage for them to look at, i`m a little mechanically thick but don`t want to put it into the garage and them to find its a loose wire or clip or something else minor.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Codes??

Sounds like FPS or Crank shaft sensor but I'm leaning more towards CSS, based on the symptoms you describe. However, you need to pull the fault codes!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

538 Nm on the old car. Now
    that was torquing!
    Thanks
    Could also be the ignition ring antenna. This reads the code in the key and turns off the immobiliser.

Next time is happens try taking the key out, turn it over and try again.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Could also be the ignition ring antenna. This reads the code in the key and turns off the immobiliser.

It normally displays 'immobiliser' in the DIM when that happens.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Except a 99 V70 doesn't have a DIM...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ayrshore For This Useful Post:

Blackdog (Tuesday 24th January 2017)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshore View Post
    Except a 99 V70 doesn't have a DIM...

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Codes??

Sounds like FPS or Crank shaft sensor but I'm leaning more towards CSS, based on the symptoms you describe. However, you need to pull the fault codes!
    Codes getting read this week Lee, not sure what you mean by FPS I'm afraid as I'm not really mechanically minded lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

This was replaced with a new volvo part already around a year ago due to another issue lol

Thread Information