Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

S60 d5 2011 re map

Hi all , hope all is good , well I'm now onto my third Volvo a s60 d5 214bhp manual , it's a early 2012 model , ex company car and very nicely specked , looking into re maps , there coming in at around 255 bhp 520 Nm from the original 214 and 420 respectively . I'm getting pointed in the Rica direction of a few , think there stage 2 is 260 and 520 , at around 530£ . Is there any concerns with this engine and gearbox , if I wanted to take it up more , eg by adding a inter cooler , injectors , and turbos maybe , or am I just chasing my arse , and wasting money , or should I just flog and buy a 335d ( shame they don't do a manual ) any help or advice of folk would be great thanks

My mobile office ,

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    I had a drive in a 205bhp s60 D5 and i really, really liked it. I thought it was a great all round car that i was tempted to buy, but the boot was just too small. I'm sure it was smaller that the phase 2 s60 that i had at the time.

I've not read about any issues when mapping the twin turbo d5 engine with a manual gearbox. I've been in auto 215 version (v70), that was mapped, and it went very well.

Saying all that, I really wouldn't bother going any further than a remap though, you may as well just get as 335d as even the 272 engine will go to 340bhp with nothing more than a remap.
    I've seen a mapped 335d touring do a 13.4@108mph 1/4mile, which is impressive.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

gwrt5 (Wednesday 18th January 2017)

538 Nm on the old car. Now
    that was torquing!
    Thanks
    On my third twin turbo D5 now. Drop me a PM if you want a chat. All have been mapped. Mine will be the auto that Liam mentioned.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackdog For This Useful Post:

gwrt5 (Wednesday 18th January 2017)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers for the heads up lads and nice one black dog I shall do that thanks

My mobile office ,

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    I'd imagine the s60 would go very well when mapped as i'd have thought they would be a good deal lighter than the V70.

Just FYI, if you are thinking about a 335d don't expect much mpg. I have an e60 and 535d and, while it gets just over 40 on a long run, anything less than 20 miles and it gets about 27-30mpg. The 3 series is about 100kg lighter, but i still wouldn't expect much more.
    Mine is the early 268 engine with the 6spd auto, the later 282(?) version with the 7spd version is better but, again, not by much.

Personally, i'd get your s60 mapped and maybe an uprated intercooler. As i said, i really rate them so with 250bhp and 520nm i think it would be a real Q car.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Ninja Muppet
    Thanks
    I had a 2010 205hp d5 SC60 remapped to 250hp by Quantum tuning. definatly notice the difference and id reccomend it to any one .

Thread Information