Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Help me understand What's happening in Media on P3 V70??

Help me understand infotainment / media What's happening???
    bear with me!!

I have on my iphone a lot of downloaded music from Amazon Prime playable offline. When I connect my phone via the usb connector and select ipod in the media section on the car stereo, I can play the music but only if I control it on my phone and no song or album details etc are displayed in the car screen. What ever was played before is displayed not what is currently playing.

This is not great because I'm using my my phone while driving instead of using the steering wheel controls to select tracks music etc. However music downloaded to itunes does display on the car screen and can be controlled by the steering wheel controls.
    Selecting USB option in the media section asks for a USB to be put in the USB slot. Thanks in advance

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    It's because music on iTunes is stored in music folder on you phone that your car is programmed to look in where as the Amazon files are stored else where unfortunately unless the Amazon app has some option of where to store the files it downloads your out of luck unless you can jailbreak your phone to allow you to run something like es fileexplorer which will allow you to see the folder structure on your phone and move files from folder to folder. You may also get the same problem with music downloaded to phone on Spotify although some newer car entertainment systems have been programmed to look for Spotify files.

A way around this may be to download the music on to your PC and add them to your phone via the iTunes application

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ExternalError For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Thursday 12th January 2017)

Dieseseled!

Thanks
    I think if you hook the phone up via bluetooth, you can still use the car controls (forward, backwards, volume etc) to cycle through the music. On long journeys don't forget to plug the phone in so it retains charge.

That's the way I tend to use Spotify etc in the S60 and it works just fine.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ExternalError View Post
    A way around this may be to download the music on to your PC and add them to your phone via the iTunes application
    Perhaps, this helps:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201377780

Otherwise, you need to convert the downloaded music (which is possibly DRM protected) from its original format to .mp4 or .mp3 format and add to your phone via iTunes.
    Last edited by htomi; Thursday 12th January 2017 at 20:53.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to htomi For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Thursday 12th January 2017)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks guys this helps it's not such a problem when there's a passenger but on your own its a pain! I'll have a look at getting the music on i tunes.

Thread Information