Problem

I've got an engine with a 2.4l block and a 2.3 head that has been ported - this was assembled by Shem a couple of years ago and has sat dormant whilst I've been building the rest of the project.

I did a leak down test on it just now and it seems to have no seal at TDC - air is coming out of the exhaust, and when I rotate the cam it doesn't seem to have any point where it is sealed for both exhaust and inlet at the same time, though both do independently seal at some points during the rotation.

Factors:

This is the same on all cylinders.

Leak down was done on a cold engine - not ideal I know.

The cams came from what I think was a 99 C70 T5 and the ported head I'm not 100% sure but think its a v70 2002 T5 - do these have different cams?

Timing marks are all aligned on the pulleys.

Suspected problems:

Timing out

Cams are of a different shape to the native ones in the head - anyone know if they are interchangable between the C70 and the V70?

I'm a monkey for trying to mate these parts together.

I've recently changed a head and accidentally ended up with a LPT 2.4 head rather than a HPT head which resulted in no compression as the cams were retained from the HPT and put into the LPT. I feel that I've somehow ended up with this again!

Let me know your thoughts!