Join Today
    855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts

90th celebration visit to Gothenburg

I've been arranging a trip to Gothenburg for a while to conincide with the 90th celebration of volvo in early April 2017.

I shall be finishing off numbers and looking confirming places, should any spaces come up (as I take a maximum of 25 people) I shall pop availability on the thread.

There are 2 main ways to arrive drive or fly, I personally fly and hire a car the other end. However I can put you in touch with people that drive for advise.

Day 1 arrival volvo museum 3-5hrs of looking around the museum and it's amazing collection of cars, from Jacob through to modern Volvo's, prototypes, lorries, industrial equipments, including a large selection of touring cars from all eras and even a jet plane.

Evening time we hit the town and know a lovely Chinese buffet near some local drinking establishments (obviously go carefully as driving the next day)

Day 2 early start to visit the brand experience centre based in the crash test facility, viewing all the new technology volvo is coming out with, cars sculpted in clay, aspects of the safe centre with actual crashed cars and a presentation by Volvo staff.

Then it's on to what everyone wants to do "demo driving centre" 1hr test driving essentially every new mode of volvo around a tight alpine test track, everything is available from v40 d2 right up to xc90 t8 and everything in between, including D6's t6's.

Then we have an hour or so to collect ourselves and have lunch at the factory with the workers which proves quite interesting.

To complete the visit to the factory we embark on the little blue train for an hour visiting the actual plant seeing how Volvo's are made, from coming out of the steel shop as a flat piece of metal through to a completed cars going into the rolling road testing station.

Off to the airport for me.

It is truly an epic visit and for many once In a lifetime experience.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    If anyone is interested in any spots that come up, please do post up and if anything comes up as a couple of people are on the fence and may drop out.

This user has no status

Thanks
    How much does it cost roughly

has moved over to the dark
    side
    Thanks
    Would love a spot of one going.
    850 TI R D

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    This is full and closed to new participants