Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

pulling my hair out now

just replaced pcv system on my v70 non turbo car now has misfire and engine light is on its still loosing oil around the cambelt area too does any one have any ideas what could be the problem as to the misfire and the oil leak. Any help or advice would be greatly apprecated

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    Cam seals &/ or vvt depending on your model year. If they've popped due to previously blocked pcv then you'll need to replace them. ( I've assumed that the oil is coming from the top of the head) which if you've vvt will also account for the miss fire as your cam timing will be out.

Sure others may have other options, they'll be along shortly

Cheers, Morgan

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

David hall (Friday 11th November 2016),LeeT5 (Friday 11th November 2016)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    ...shortly....

depending on MY V70?

VVT gasket
    Cam seals (caused by blocked PCV system)
    Split PCV top pipe (oil tracking to top of cam cover)

Best to whip the timing covers off and inspect. Any oil residue leaking onto the timing belt could spell disaster and an early grave!

If you can't pinpoint the leak, clean the area thoroughly using a PH neutral degreaser and stiff paint brush. Then rinse and dry out before refitting covers. Check to see if your PCV is blocked by removing the dipstick 2" and checking for oil vapour on a warmed up engine. Push dipstick back in!

If no vapour, take for a drive....about 100 miles and re inspect.

That's what I would do, otherwise, take it to a garage, pull yer pants down and let them have their merry way whilst hoping they fix the leak. I'm sure they'll gladly hoover your wallet out in the process.

PS. a blocked PCV can easily push oil and blow the rear main seal. That will cost you upwards of £1500, so don't leave it too long

The misfire could be caused by oil contamination on the plugs, also caused by a blocked PCV/worn rings. Unfortunately, the worn rings won't prevent oil blowing by and into the combustion chamber.

Plugs out....Your looking for white deposits that are almost impossible to scratch off with a micro file.
    If you replace the plugs and do not fix the oil issue, you'll have about 5000 miles grace before the plugs fowl up and the car misfires again.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Friday 11th November 2016 at 11:19.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

David hall (Friday 11th November 2016),Shinsplintz 101 (Friday 11th November 2016)

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks for the advice its going in the garage soon and yep will have my wallet ready to be hovered out lol chuffing car owes me a small fortune anyway so might as well keep going till its sorted and then hopefully get to some meets

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Way I see it, that even though you've done the pcv the oil has pushed passed the seals in the areas you mentioned and until you clean up those areas and fit new seals the oil will always creep out from there. As for the miss fire I'd recheck any pipes etc that you've removed or disturbed that there in the right place and fitted back correctly, with no cracks or splits.

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

Thread Information