Join Today

Thread: Induction

C70 LPT auto
    Thanks

Induction

Hi guys this has probably been asked a hundred times ,I have 163bhp lpt ME7 ,c70 is there a aftermarket panel filter or induction kit that won't mess up the ME7 , or I'm I best just leaving it as it is ,with it being the 163 lpt ?

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Just stick to regularly replaced Volvo paper filters. There is nothing to be gained at all with anything else.

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

C70 LPT auto
    Thanks
    Thank you ,it was mainly for a tad more induction noise but kinda though wasn't worth bothering about on the 163 in terms of power wise ,is there any other sensible mods that would release a few more BHP I like the stock look but would like a little more go and induction figured you would be the guy to ask ,thanks in advance john

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    You can get greater induction noise with an open cone filter as you say but with that comes warmer intake air and a poorer standard of filtration in regard to the finest abrasive dusts which is not good for the turbocharger.

If your car is a '99 to '05 2.4lpt then I can offer you MTE's Swedish written software that will give you outputs of 235bhp with 380nm of torque, nowadays normally priced at £395 including VAT I sense an end of year special price of £349 coming on....

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

C70 LPT auto
    Thanks
    Hi don ,no sorry its a 2000 2.0 lpt ,I would love to tastaske you up on that kind offer ,but have recently jst replaced steering rack brake caliper and window cables so funds are rather depleted and wouldn't strech that far ,I suppose It was more a leading question of whether it was worth dfoing to a 2.0 lpt with me7 ,but had a panel or cone hadn't posed the problems you identified ii could have stretched to that ,is there software fgor this engine ? Do u think I would be best leaving it till funds become available, and go with a map and leave well alone with filters etc ? I like the idea of more go without the show ,thanks again don

Thread Information