Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    This user has no status

Thanks

Went for the full version. I also got a parrot S.O.T lead as it looked a better fit than the autoleads one I fitted. Been a lazy so & so that I am it also saved me making a sub harness to wire a relay into shut the centre speaker down.

This also came ?

Not sure why, but a freebie is a freebie & us northerners like a bargain.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Installation was very easy,

Used some sticky back velcro to affix it to the T.V Tuner so as not to have it rattling round in the boot.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Obligatory gauge sweep shot

Welcome message (used this function for service indicator)

Exit message (service indicator again, not very interesting I guess, but it helps to keep on top of the routine servicing of the car)

I will add the rest of progress over the weekend.
    I am hoping to take the car off of the road at the begin of July for some much needed T.L.C.

Etienne.
    Last edited by st etienne; Friday 26th May 2017 at 21:44.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to st etienne For This Useful Post:

Doingitsideways (Friday 26th May 2017),htomi (Friday 26th May 2017),t5 pete (Friday 26th May 2017)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I also replaced the horns with these

If there good enough for the WRC boys well there good enough for me!

Anyhows it would appear that Volvo use a 2 pin connector on the O.E horns as opposed to a pair of spade terminals.
    So as I did NOT want to damage the original harness I manufactured some adapter leads.

So these were a tad too long !

So ended making these with a bit of heat shrink for added protection (having issues finding stuff on my workshop as I don't get to spend so much time there now, ironically I found the plastic trunking I initially wanted to put on these the other day! Typical)

Fitted.

So are they any better, well they were better than the old ones as only the high tone worked and it was some what asthmatic!
    Last edited by st etienne; Friday 26th May 2017 at 22:08.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to st etienne For This Useful Post:

htomi (Friday 26th May 2017)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by st etienne View Post
    Another job that needed sorting was the airbox. The previous owner had affixed a six inch piece of ducting to the lower portion of the airbox and routed the other end to the side of the foglight behind the grill!
    This is the offending item:

And an unbutchered airbox!

So why have I removed this performance mod, well where I live we get a lot of rain! So this is not really ideal. I guess if you were in a warmer climate or you only used your vehicle during the summer months I guess it would be fine, maybe ?
    I believe there are a few vendors who sell such a kit. I honestly can't say that the car drives any worse for removing it.

There are a couple of jobs left to do, hopefully have those done in the next week or so, then I can make a start on my 2003 R!
    I had to remove very similar from one of the s60r's

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

....Easier access for the CFE.

Quote Originally Posted by st etienne View Post

Used some sticky back velcro to affix it to the T.V Tuner so as not to have it rattling round in the boot.
    It's a good idea but since owning my CFE, I found that you'll need to remove it fairly regularly to change settings and also when you need to update the firmware (which has been 3 times so far).

There's enough length in the OBD extender cable to route the CFE further back and be accessed via the left hand access panel. Having it where you have it now, means having to unbolt the side trim and lot's of mucking about.
    I have mine resting on a piece of black Volvo packing foam and this prevents it from rattling around and also means I can access it quickly and easily.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    It's a good idea but since owning my CFE, I found that you'll need to remove it fairly regularly to change settings and also when you need to update the firmware (which has been 3 times so far).

There's enough length in the OBD extender cable to route the CFE further back and be accessed via the left hand access panel. Having it where you have it now, means having to unbolt the side trim and lot's of mucking about.
    I have mine resting on a piece of black Volvo packing foam and this prevents it from rattling around and also means I can access it quickly and easily.

It's stuck to the TOP of the T.V tuner so all that is required is to open up the side panel.

But like you say it is advisable to have easy access, I've adjusted the settings 3 flipping times already & still haven't got the autolock function working!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Seen as winter is out of the way I thought I would FINALLY get the front bumper painted as the canards were scraped when I bought it & when it was on the 17" winters it got caught a couple of times

I hopefully get it polished up ready for the summer when I get time!

Thread Information