Hi,

So this is my Flash Green S60 R.
I purchased this earlier in the year after spending a year looking.
I originally was on the look out for a P2 T5 V70, after realising that decent low mileage examples are actually rarer than the V70 R I decided to switch my search to one of these instead.

So after missing out on a couple of these I decided that I could probably live with a saloon (my car at the time was a 2003 S60 2.5 T) so I switched my search to the S60 R!

Well how wrong I was, most of the cars available at the time were dogs with all sorts of hidden horrors (one I nearly purchased was a 2006 Sonic Blue car that was well documented on another forum as being a real pig!)

I managed to find this car on a bit of a whim whilst travelling back from London. So I had gone there to view/purchase an alleged 'PRISTINE' low mileage example which turned out to be a real wreck (ironically this car was for sale last month on Gumtree for less than half the price the seller wanted me to pay! As it had developed a few issues, a bullet well edged there).

So back to this car, it had literally been put up for sale on Pistonheads several hours earlier, so fully disappointed about the car in London I called the seller, arranged a viewing & went the following evening.

About the car it had had 2 previous owners, one was a main agent who had colour coded the bumpers (see below) and then the next owner had it for 8 years. The guy I purchased it from was retiring & had only used it occasionally as a second car, it also had only covered 47K!

The car had only ever been maintained at Volvo (more on this later!) there was a massive folder full of invoices for literally thousands of pounds in maintenance and repairs.
Paper work seemed in order so now for the test drive, it launched O.K so the angle gear & haldex were fine, no untoward noises and everything worked so a deal was done & off I went.

So these are the first pictures of the car after quick wash